About Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH):
Polish Humanitarian Action’s (PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. We provide humanitarian aid in places where humanitarian crises occur. Our support reaches foremost the most vulnerable: women, children, elderly, disabled, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). In our work we honor the principles of: humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide aid regardless of nationality, race, religion, social standing or views. We do not engage in political or religious disputes, and do not take sides with any actors in a conflict. Since 1992, we operated in almost 50 countries, reaching 10,8 million people in need. Currently, we run longterm missions in: Yemen, Somalia, Kenya, Ukraine, Iraq and Yemen. Our Headquarters are based in Warsaw, Poland. For more information, please refer to: www.pah.org.pl.
About PAH Yemen Mission:
PAH Yemen Mission has been established in July 2019 in South Yemen and since then provided humanitarian assistance to over 70.000 beneficiaries in Aden and Lahj Governorates in Yemen, as well as to Yemeni refugees in Djibouti. Our current interventions respond to insufficient access to primary healthcare, and sexual and reproductive healthcare, food insecurity, epidemic outbreaks, including cholera and COVID-19, in primarily Health & WASH interventions targeting 140.000 beneficiaries.
PAH Yemen Mission is looking for a Head of Programmes (International Position)
· Department: Programmes
· Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
· Type of work: Full time
· Estimated start date: October/ November 2021
· Position reports to: Head of Mission
· Technical supervisor: Global Head of Programmes
- In cooperation with the Head of Mission, develops a long-term strategy for Programmes on the mission in Yemen, operationalizes and leads its implementation
- Defines the common approach and standards in PAH Programme and monitors their coherent application across Programmes
- Provide leadership and direction and responsible for timely and effective implementation of activities as well as use of budget and other resources enabling synergies in the Programme
- Lead on proposal development; coordinate and manage proposal writing by identifying sources for Programme financing and funding opportunities
- Leads Programme Team, i.e. selects, assesses performance, motivates, establishes supporting relations and develops project staff
- Liaises and engages in cooperation with stakeholders such as donors, institutions, authorities, international and national non-governmental organizations, international organizations (IOs), clusters representing PAH
What PAH requires:
- Experience in leading and managing Health & WASH and other humanitarian and recovery programmes (minimum 4 years) within difficult operating environments. Previous working experience in Yemen is an asset.
- Proven experience in team management (at least 3 years)
- Documented successes in applying for institutional and private funds
- Proven experience in project management (at least 3 years)
- Strong communication skills in culturally diverse environment
- Resourcefulness, initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (at least C1). Good command of Arabic is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word
- Driving license
What we offer:
- A full time position
- Free cost of accommodation in a shared guesthouse in Aden and in the field locations
- R&R benefit
- Annual leave of 26 working days and 5 additional days of free leave per year
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment and every 3 months
- Medical insurance
- Psychological support package
How to apply
How to apply:
Please submit your application here – your CV (max.2 pages), a cover letter in English (max. 1 page) – no later than September 5th 2021.
Kindly note that only the candidates shortlisted for the next stages of the recruitment will be notified.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.