Program Leadership and Management
- Lead in the effective implementation of all planned activities being implemented by Search Myanmar to ensure the highest quality in all aspects of programs, including communications, visibility, design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure that all project outcomes are aligned with the objective of the project as committed to the donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure synergy and cohesion between various projects to meet organizational mission and objectives, and to scale up good practices and learning from one project/team/region to another.
- Ensure that the Common Ground Approach is reflected in all program intervention.
- Carry out field visits to target locations with the purpose of monitoring programs as well as to maintain andstrengthenrelationswithlocallevelstakeholdersincludingpartnerorganizations.
- Coordinate with the Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Team to ensure that all statutory DM&E processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Support all local actors in understanding the projects, ensuring ownership, and sustainability beyond the project.
- Support participatory research and coordinate in assigned target locations for consultative workshops, medialabs, trainings etc.
- Execute logistics of project activities including research, consultative workshops, and media labs, in four states and three regions of Myanmar.
- Keeps a breast of and navigates the conflict dynamics in target locations.
- Build a strong program team and contribute to positive cross-departmental collaboration.
- Supervise project leads and managers to ensure that the overall implementation of projects aligns with donors’ expectations and achieve the expected results and objectives via effective implementation of programs in the irrespective regions/projects
- Carry out people processes for all staff including identifying capacity gaps and developing a plan to mitigate such gaps in coordination with the HR/Administration Department.
- Carry out full-fledged induction of the project objectives and vision to project leads and managers.
- Guide and mentor project leads and managers to enable them to carry out their roles and responsibilities in the most effective manner.
- Ensure that all project managers and leads are complying with Government, Donor and Search policies and procedures.
- In coordination with the Project Leads and Managers, ensure that the project budget is planned per the project proposal.
- Ensure that the Start-Up and Close-Out protocol for all projects, together with other statutory processes are being implemented in a timely manner and per the guidelines.
- Be responsible for finalizing donors’ narrative reports and support the Finance and Grants Department on financial reports from a programmatic perspective.
- Ensure high-quality narrative reports including annual plan, work plan, monitoring reports, etc. are submitted timely to donors and major communication with donors are forwarded to Finance and Grants Department for record.
- Ensure that all Project Managers are submitting their respective Costed Work Plan to the Finance and Grants Department in a timely manner.
- Lead the process of contract management including amendments and changes.**Program Development and Reporting:**
- Identify opportunities for growth and funding and suggest ideas for developing concept notes and proposals.
- Support the Country Director in the strategic planning and development of grant proposals and concept notes.
- Lead in the development of concept notes and proposals and ensure that best practices of ongoing projects are reflected in the new proposals and concept notes
Donor liaison, Partnerships and Representation
- Build strong relations with CSOs, EAOs, Media, Cultural Actors and Government to support partnerships and smooth implementation.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with donors
- Represent Search in Donor meetings as well as in interactions with government officials at the national and local level.
- Build relationships and contribute in the selection of local partner organizations as well as service providers to implement project activities.
- Provide strategic guidance to staff for effective partnership management.
- Stay up to date on all donor requirements, compliances, policies and procedures and ensure uniformity and understanding across the organization.
- Ensure capacity building of partners, transfer of skills and hand overs
Deputy to the Country Director
- In the absence of the Country Director (CD), carry out the role of the Country Director as agreed with the CD.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the CD
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Masters Degree or equivalent in social science, economics, peacebuilding, management, international development or other relevant field.
- A minimum of five years progressive work experience managing grants and funds, with related experience in an international development capacity, preferably in conflict contexts.
- Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience in project cycle management, including project start-ups and close-downs.
- Financial management, including compliance, procurement, budget planning, financial reporting and audit management.
- Proven track record in successful proposal writing and program development.
- Strong leadership and management skills with good understanding of motivating and building cross-cultural teams.
- Solid knowledge of security protocols and experience and ability to work effectively in an insecure environment.
- A common grounder, able to build bridges across stakeholders with different needs and interests
- A high level of personal efficiency, motivation, and the ability to balance multiple urgent or important tasks without undue stress and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and procedures, and able to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the challenges faced across different ethnic states and regions of Myanmar
- Understanding and proven experience of negotiation and finding collaborative solutions to diverse or conflicting perspectives
- Knowledge of Myanmar language
- Experience in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, media and communications work.
- Experience working in Myanmar or Asia.
- Experience of managing European Union-funded projects, and multi-donor trust funds.
- Insurance (personal accident and hospitalization)
- Medical Outpatient allowance, 800,000 MMK annually (Actual reimbursement)
- Travel & Communication allowance
- All Myanmar Public Holidays
- End Year Service
- 6 days casual leave + 12 days Annual leave + 30 days sick leave + Maternity Leave + Paternity Leave+ Adoption Leave, Bereavement leave+ Compensatory Leave + time off to Vote + Volunteer Work (2 paid days per year)
Lines of Communication
- Reports to: Country Director
- Directly Manages: Program Team
- Liaises with: Asia Regional Support Team, Institutional Learning Team and Communications.
How to apply
To apply, interested candidates should:
To apply, interested candidates should: Send a cover letter and current resume our employment portal, not later than, 25 July 2021.
Include the following in your cover letter:
- Your relevant experience and knowledge, with reference to the job advertisement
- Minimum salary requirements
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.