The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Nyamlel, South Sudan.
Our project in Northern Bahr el Ghazal features a complex set of activities to strengthen the resilience of small-scale farmer households and market development. It will be implemented in collaboration with WFP and two other partners across 3 counties. The project offers an exciting opportunity to create market-oriented solutions to food insecurity, while increasing income generating and livelihood options. As Head of Project Smallholder Agriculture and Market Support you will find creative approaches geared towards improved agrotechnology, value addition and strengthening of market systems. You will have the opportunity to be independently managing a diverse team in the field office in Nyamlel in order to serve the population in Aweil North County. You will lead the team, ensure quality of implementation and compliance with standards and regulations and that the necessary resources, including the project funds, are used efficiently and effectively. Furthermore, you will communicate the projects’ results internally and externally, and you will be representing Welthungerhilfe and the project with stakeholders, authorities and the local community in Aweil North and at state level in Aweil.
- Ensure that all project relevant support (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.) contributes to optimal project achievements
- Carry out the project planning, implementation, monitoring and the project’s financial control and adapt the activities if necessary
- Report to the Country Director/Programme Coordinator on the progress of the project(s)
- Recruit and manage staff and ensure the implementation of Welthungerhilfe’s HR policies and their adaptation to local conditions
- Analyse the risks and plan activities accordingly
- Ensure that beneficiaries are satisfied with the help they receive and a proper complain response mechanism is in place
- Represent Welthungerhilfe in relevant clusters at state and national levels, within the humanitarian community as well as to the local government
- Contribute to the development of country policies and strategies
- Monitor logistical procedures, including warehouse management, inventory control and distribution reports
- A university or polytechnic degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Development or equivalent qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 3 years of project and management experience in carrying out emergency/resilience projects with international aid agencies, experience in WFP programming desirable
- Regional working experience in South Sudan would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination and organisational skills, even under a high workload
- Excellent spoken and written English; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
**Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 27, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.