The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
As Head of Sector Strategy, Knowledge & Learning Unit, you will lead Welthungerhilfe experts who strategically and conceptually develop the programmatic approaches of Welthungerhilfe, develop the methodological guidelines for the programmes and promote learning within the organization. In doing so, you will contribute to increasing the quality of Welthungerhilfe’s programmes through the Sector Strategy, Knowledge & Learning Unit. The unit works closely with the 27 country offices and their project staff who implement programmes in both humanitarian and development aid. As an experienced leader, you will lead a group, which has a broad range of expertise. You will succeed in shaping the cooperation in such a way that, in line with Welthungerhilfe’s strategy “One Planet – Zero Hunger”, systemic approaches can develop their effect and synergies are strengthened. In doing so, you constantly align the work of the team with the requirements of the future.
- Management, strategic direction and further development of the “Sector Strategy, Knowledge & Learning” Unit
- Ensuring continuous professional quality improvement of Welthungerhilfe’s programmes in cooperation with the management of the organization’s Technical Team and an ICT4D (Information and Communication Technologies for Development) specialist
- Monitoring and ensuring methodical MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning) guidelines and their appropriate implementation in the programmes and projects – in cooperation with the MEAL team management
- Ensuring CHS (Core Humanitarian Standard) mainstreaming at institutional level
- Ensuring that cross-cutting issues are mainstreamed across all programmes
- Enhancing knowledge management and organizational learning
- Strengthening the quality of country programmes and projects in close collaboration with Welthungerhilfe’s Regional Directorates, Institutional Donor Unit and Humanitarian Directorate
- Networking and collaboration with both internal organizational units, such as the Innovation Unit, the Digital Transformation Office, and the Policy Department, as well as external partner organizations, research institutions, think tanks and other stakeholders
- Monitoring and evaluation of relevant trends, external initiatives and innovations in relevant working fields
- Representation of Welthungerhilfe at events, in relevant forums and networks
- A university or polytechnic degree in a field relevant to the position
- At least five years of professional and leadership experience in the context of development and/or humanitarian aid, ideally also in non-european countries
- Proven experience in knowledge management and organizational learning
- Sound experience with agile working methods and analytical thinking
- High willingness to cooperate in a multinational team and ability to build internal and external networks
- Open for innovations and capable of leading and setting up your team in line with future trends
- Willingness to go on business trips in Germany and abroad
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills and a good command of German; French language skills are an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
***Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 11, 2021 by following this link. https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6904&company=WelthungerP Your contact person is Ina Stepka. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.