CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
The primary purpose of the Head of Program Support is to provide oversight, guide, support and organize the program support teams to achieve their department goals in compliance with CARE policies, this includes HR, Procurement, Logistics, IT and Admin departments in Amman, our Program Partnership office in Beirut as well as our North East Syria hub. The vision for this role is to champion efficient program support processes in CARE Syria. Additionally, providing on the job training and coaching to key relevant staff such as Supply Chain Manager and team in North East Syria hub, Area Manager and team in Beirut Program Partnership Office and team as well as HR, Admin and Procurement Coordinator and Team in Country Office will also be key. The role will include a mix of direct line management and matrix management responsibilities.
- Lead and provide oversight to all CARE Syria related procurement processes
- Lead and provide oversight to all CARE Syria related Admin & IT processes
- Lead on Human Resource issues for CARE Syria
- Staff Management
- Provide Support where needed – internal audit & finance
- Experience with CARE or similar organisation in Program Support or Operational role, Detailed understanding of application of CI Procurement Policy in protracted crises
- Experience in similar protracted crises settings
- Strong Desire to problem solve
- Bachelor degree in relevant sector (logistics, supply chain, finance etc)
- Familiarity with CARE’s operational systems.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive overseas experience in humanitarian and development programs
- Substantial experience leading complex humanitarian and development programs in CARE
- Demonstrated experience in emergency response management
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning
- Cross cultural communication skills
- Financial Management
- Knowledge and experience of humanitarian and development program support processes
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Training and coaching skills
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.