Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor – re-advertisement
SCI has nutrition interventions currently focused on Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) across the Whole of Syria and is in the process of expanding its health programmes (with a focus on vaccination campaigns, maternal health and reproductive health). Under the general direction and guidance of the Director of Program Development and Quality and Senior Protection Advisor, the Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor will ensure all SCI Syria Health and Nutrition programming is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes to national and global learning, advocacy and programme development.
The post holder is expected to provide technical advice and support to project staff to ensure Syria programming objectives are successfully achieved. The post-holder shall also contribute to the development and review of the Syria strategic direction and actively lead in the development of health and nutrition program policy and design, ensuring a more comprehensive package of health and nutrition services are available to children and their caregivers. The post holder will be expected to travel to the Area Offices around 50% of the time.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Education to Masters level in Public Health, Nutrition, or a related subject
* At least 5 years experience of working internationally in nutrition and/or health programmes in a humanitarian context
* Previous experience of providing technical support to Health and Nutrition teams in the areas of maternal health, IYCF-E, CMAM, and Micronutrients.
* Proven ability of mentoring, coaching and training on health and nutrition subjects
* Experience of senior level representation
* Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessments, project reports, and proposals
* Excellent communication skills, politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level.
* A high level of written and spoken English
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Language skills in Arabic
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
* Experience in promoting children’s participation in programme design, implementation and evaluation.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWFyaWFtLjcxOTk2LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ