Are you a motivated individual with a background in Health and passionate about making a difference? Does working in a team, actively contributing to its growth and to the capacity building of our partner Myanmar Red Society sound like a challenge you are up to?
The successful candidate will serve as Danish Red Cross (DRC) Health Delegate in Myanmar, to support its growing portfolio of projects – mainly focusing on Health, Livelihoods and Disaster Response, with some interesting opportunities in the MHPSS and Migration sectors. Emergency response interventions (flooding and population movement) have also characterized DRCs presence in Myanmar over the last 15 years. DRC’s main partner is the Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS), but we also have cooperation with other Red Cross Movement partners present in the Country. Currently the DRC country team compose 3 Delegates and 4 national staff.
The purpose of this position is to provide Technical Support, Supervision and Programme Management to the following projects:
1) “*Building Healthy and Resilient Communities in Kengtung and Hsipaw Townships*”
2) “Emergency Response to COVID-19 outbreak in Myanmar”
3) “Mitigating the Impact of Civil Unrest and COVID-19”
The delegate will be based in Yangon, within the DRC Country Office (located within MRCS Yangon office) but is expected to travel to other state branches and undertake routine trips to different state capitals. Monitoring and support missions to other DRC funded projects in other countries in the region may occur, as well as possibility of covering for other delegates in other states of Myanmar if required.
The Health Delegate reports directly to the DRC Country Manager in Myanmar. The Delegate will also coordinate closely with other Technical and Project Delegates (from DRC and other Partner National Societies), contributing to the overall development and reporting of the DRC Country Office in Myanmar, in close collaboration with the technical teams of MRCS and the rest of the DRC Country team.
Under the supervision of the DRC Country Manager and in close cooperation with the Health Unit at DRC HQ in Copenhagen, you will be responsible for the following – but not limited to – overall areas:
- To provide technical oversight of the DRC supported Health projects in Myanmar and supporting Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) to enable the smooth implementation of the outcomes of the programmes in the target branches.
- Support the MRCS in the assessment, planning and implementation of the activities in the Project which the MRCS is responsible for, including capacity building of MRCS target branches to respond to the current and new emergencies and humanitarian needs of affected populations.
- Ensure that the activities in the Projects are implemented in line with the Fundamental Principle of the RCRC Movement, IFRC Policies and other relevant guidelines.
- To support to the DRC Country Manager in the strategic development of the Country programme, new project design and communication materials, among other tasks and according to Country Office’s needs.
- Relevant educational background, e.g. master’s degree within Global or Public Health Studies.
- 5 years of relevant international experience in programme management, within community-based health and/or public health programmes with specific expertise in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (preferably in fragile and humanitarian contexts).
- Knowledge of civil society development and Community Engagement and Accountability.
- Proven experience in programme development, proposal writing, programme monitoring, financial management, reporting, donor reporting, development and maintenance of partnerships.
- Experience of working for the Red Cross and previous work with Red Cross-national societies is desirable.
- Good physical condition and ability to spend time in rural and remote working environments.
- Full proficiency in English speaking and writing is a requirement.
- Possession of a valid international driving licence.
The anticipated starting date is 1 October 2021. The process to obtain a valid visa and permission to enter Myanmar is currently lengthy and deployment might take several weeks. The length of the contract will initially be for 1 year, with high possibility of extension.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the DRC Terms and Conditions for Delegates on Long Term Missions. The salary including all allowances and pension will be between DKK 42,600.00 to 45,000.00 per month, depending on qualifications and experience. Housing and insurance are covered by DRC.
The position is classified as a family position, however, when the security situation and temporary Covid-19 restrictions in Myanmar will allow for the deployment of accompanying family members is unpredictable at present. The duty station is Yangon, but the successful candidate must be ready to travel up to 40% of the time to project sites around Myanmar. Current security conditions do not allow for a longer deployment to project areas, so the delegate is expected to be spending an extensive initial period in Yangon, prior to any mission to the field, given the fragile security situation.
Please click to view the job description and for further details you may contact DRC CM in Myanmar, Fabio Beltramini at firstname.lastname@example.org or DRC Head of Eurasia Region, Bjarne Andreasen email@example.com
How to apply
How to apply
Click on Red Cross Euroasia Region – Health Delegate for Danish Red Cross in Myanmar (easycruit.com) to send your motivation letter in English and upload your CV, after creating a profile on our EasyCruit portal.
Deadline for applications is 3 September 2021. Interviews are expected immediately following the application deadline.