Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client, undertaking a project that aims at increasing access to primary & secondary health services facilities (general hospitals, local health centers & therapeutic feeding centers) in Yemen, through restoring the physical infrastructure of health facilities (rehabilitation, maintenance works, minor repairs & new construction) in targeted areas.
- They will be responsible for the design & implementation works of the health facilities, ensuring highest standards in design & rehabilitation works & respect of ‘state of the art’ requirements for safety, sustainability, security & disability access. In addition, they will be responsible to provide the targeted facilities with priority medical equipment & supplies.
- The main objective of this TOR is to hire 1 Health & Safety OHS Consultant who shall assist in developing & implementing of safeguard instruments & mitigation measures for the planned sub projects under the PM.
The scope of the consulting service is to assist in the implementation of the environmental & social safeguards plans & in the preparation process of the environmental & social safeguards instruments for planned sub projects of the PM, in accordance with our client & & WB related guidelines & standards. This will include but not limited to the following:
- Prepare environmental & social safeguards screening checklist / forms for the planned sub projects under the PM.
- Ensure completion of safeguards screening checklist during sub projects development process in follow up with sectors specialists & Implementing Partners (IP’s).
- Undertake environmental & social risk categorization of planned sub-projects.
- Prepare report on the safeguard risks with appropriate actions to be taken for all sub projects.
- Closely follow up with sector specialists for the integration of the planned sub project technical descriptions information in the safeguard instruments documents in a timely manner.
- Ensure that appropriate environmental & social mitigation measures are proposed & met.
- Ensure completing of all planned sub projects environmental & social safeguard instruments under the PM & maintaining safeguards standards & submitting draft safeguard instruments for review on a timely manner.
- Follow up implementation of approved safeguard instruments & ensure that timely actions are taken & conduct monitoring field visits to the implementation sites to ensure that proposed mitigation measures & safeguards are implemented according to the agreed upon environmental & social mitigation plan.
- Follow up with IPs to maintain safeguard standards implementation.
- Undertake regular monitoring & evaluation of sub projects activities against plan, indicators & standards & safeguards guidelines.
- Provide support to the projects result based M&E system & database.
- Compile monitoring reports on safeguards related issues & deliver periodically reports to the ESSO & M&E Officer as part of the M&E reporting.
- Provide substantive advice on safeguard issues to promote enhanced investment on building a climate resilient green economy.
- Provide support to develop environment & social safeguard responsive climate smart strategy & plan.
- Carry out training on integrating safeguard principles in climate change program.
- Assist in the development & implementation process of the Environmental & Social Safeguards Guidelines.
- Prepare & deliver the required assignments in a professional way during the specified timeline.
- Work in close coordination with ESSO & City Engineers & Social Facilitators.
- Handle additional assignments & perform other related duties as directed by ESSO, the Program Adviser & the PM.
The consultant shall submit the following deliverables to our clients office in Sana’a ESSO, Program Adviser & TFC-WHO PM for final review & submission:
- Screening forms for the planned sub projects in hard & soft copies.
- Safeguards instruments documents for the planned sub project in hard & soft copies as per the safeguard principles & guidelines.
- Soft copies of all sub projects data to be entered in the data base for documentation.
- Monitoring reports prepared & photographs taken during the field visits to sub projects sites for documentation.
- Proposal of environment & social safeguard responsive climate smart strategy & plan.
- Proposal of environmental & social safeguards guidelines.
- The Health & Safety OHS Consultant shall work under the supervision of Sana’a office PM, Program Adviser & ESSO to achieve the objectives & the scope of this assignment.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 8 year of experience in Middle East (essential).
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or related scientific disciplines.
- Practical experience in OHS & safety and risk management procedures & guidelines.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding on environmental & social impact assessments & developing related environmental, social & occupational health management plans & frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience with M&E.
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the area of professional discipline, job knowledge & seeks to develop him / herself professionally.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology & applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding & knowledge of the current guidelines & project management tools & utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in both English & Arabic.
- Positive & constructive attitude.
- Facilitate communication with all individuals regardless of gender, national & cultural background.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information & keeping people informed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & team spirit.
- Ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships in a multicultural environment & respects diversity.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues & shares knowledge to achieve organizational objectives.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: