General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governorate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The Field HR & Admin Manager will monitor, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organisation. His/her aim is to ensure that the organisation employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve GOAL’s organisational goals.
This role is expected to contribute in strengthening the coordination and collaboration within teams and across all teams, ensure constructive communications to build team morale within individual teams and within the whole organization to encourage a positive working environment.
Duties, objectives and competencies
The Field HR & Admin Manager performs a wide range of duties including the following:
- Coordinate all recruitments processes which includes job announcement through appropriate channels, facilitating the hiring manager for the short-listing and interviewing process, where necessary taking part in the interviews including overseeing the recruitment;
- Ensure all recruitments are carried out in line with the GOAL Syria policy
- Provide support to line managers at all stages of the recruitment process including allocating HR staff efficiently to organise and recruit suitable candidates .
- Liaise with GOAL Syrian HR leads in Amman office and Turkey as required and Field Systems Coordinator as the recruitment progresses (including maintenance of the recruitment tracker)
- Manage the HR orientation for all new staff in Idlib Offices
- Manage the recruitment process through Green House site.
Contracts & Records
- Review the staff database and HR files on regular basis, ensuring they are maintained properly and with all required documents, kept up to date prepared for any audit. considering all previous audits findings fixed.
- Ensure staff contracts are kept up date and that all staff whose contracts are not going to be renewed are informed at least one month prior to the end of their current contract.
- Ensure all contract terminations are appropriately documented and all owed monies are paid to the departing staff member.
- Advise on contract policy as required
- Maintain leave plan for all local staff and update monthly
- In consultation with line managers, ensure that there is cover for staff going on leave
- ensure maintaining hard copies and and soft copies of all approved leave requests.
- Prepare payroll accurately based on information received from managers in each department on monthly bases.
- Ensure payroll is sent to Antakya head office, Field Systems Coordinator, and ACD-S within agreed on timeline. Ensure timesheets are completed ,collected and forwarded to Antakya head office as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to line managers on the disciplinary process including referring all HR related breaches to Antakya Head Office.
- Ensure that Area Coordinator and line manager are informed of the progress on cases requires disciplinary action at the Antakya head office level.
- Act as focal point in any GOAL staff disputes and liaise with the necessary line manager(s) and/or Area Coordinator.
- Ensure staff members involved in a disciplinary action are aware of their rights and responsibilities under GOAL policy and the labour laws
Training & Staff Development
- Lead the implementation Annual Performance ensuring all staff and managers have the knowledge and abilities to carry out the process based on set objectives, in-line with GOAL Global policy on performance management.
- Support, monitor and liaise with all line managers to ensure appraisals are being conducted regularly and appropriately
- Ensure the training tracking sheet is updated regularly and planed as recommended in staff performance appraisal, . maintaining all completed training records in staff personal files, reflected as well on tracking sheet .
- Review organisational training needs through needs assessments and review of performance appraisals and work with managers to organise training, development and mentoring initiatives to meet gaps
- Coach and support the HR team in Idlib office
- Develop a robust Staff Care strategy and implementation plan.
- Support Staff care/ well-being officer in implantation the plan.
- Work on maintaining healthy work environment.
- Support the staff after a critical incident
Health Occupational care
- oversee the implementation of GOAL Syria’s CV-19 mitigation measures and support staff with adherence to these measures.
- Ensuring that CV-19 contract tracing team is trained in CV-19 transmission, prevention, and control measures, how to monitor signs and symptoms as well as confidentiality and data protection requirements for CV-19 cases (confirmed or suspected).
- Support Senior Occupational Health Officer in related plan implantation.
- Coordination the interpreting /transliterating services of oral and/or written communications between English and Arabic through the translators in GOAL.
- Keep track of issues in Syria relevant to HR such as the introduction of new policies
- Network with HR Managers from other NGOs to keep informed of HR-related issues.
- Ensure the Field Systems Coordinator is informed about any HR issues which could impact on security or be detrimental to programme activities.
- Ensure all staff have a valid and current ID card
- Ensure all memos received from Antakya Head Office are posted on the notice board then filed after two weeks.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders, within Idlib office and with main office.
- Any other duties as required
- A Bachelors’ university degree or equivalent qualification, minimum Bachelor degree level in related field , Human resources an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR field
- Experience at least 3 years management experience.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Ability to maintain an adequate speed and volume of output
- Ability to perform under continuous stress and deliver complete and accurate translation of a broad range of subjects
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS office, And good experience in using HRIS programs.
- High standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text
- Excellent teamwork and inter-personnel skills
- IT literate (repeated concept)
- Report writing skills
- Very enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the programme
- Organised, a self-starter and an enthusiastic team player.
- Willing to work in Idlib, passport an advantage
- Experience in managing projects – Prince 2, PMP or PMD certified an advantage
- Human resources an advantage.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 31 August 2021.
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org with the details immediately.
“يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عن طريق ارسال رساله الكترونيه الى email@example.com و الافصاح عن جميع بالتفاصيل على الفور.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.