Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. This means that we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 20 organisations (affiliates) plus the Oxfam International Secretariat, all working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All our work is led by our core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness, Courage, Solidarity and Equality.
Description of the Department
The Finance and Operations Department has the core responsibility to deliver on enabling operational services that help the organisation achieve its impact goals and ensure that it fulfils its external regulatory requirements. The department consists of four functional units (ICT and Facilities; Integrity; HR, People and Culture; Corporate Finance, Quality and Control), one expertise unit (Project and Donor Compliance) and an Executing Affiliate (EA) unit (EA Global Business Support) where business support to our EA country offices are clustered.
Purpose of Unit
The purpose of HR, People and Culture is to support, inspire and develop performance and talent management at all levels by delivering legally sound HR administration, support and advice, enabling employee engagement and driving culture evolution. The Board of Directors, management and staff members are supported and enabled throughout the Employee Life Cycle Journey to steer and develop a high standard of performance and well-being of all Oxfam staff. The unit also works closely with the Integrity unit to handle cases of misconduct, and with the EA Global Business Support Unit to provide business support to EA country offices.
As HR Administrator, you provide support to managers and employees across the full range of HR activities and undertake a range of associated administrative tasks. Your main administrative duties include maintaining personnel records, updating internal databases, managing HR documents such as employment records and onboarding guides, while considering GDPR requirements and Dutch Labour Law. You provide accurate and effective administrative support such as providing employment and mortgage statements, preparing post-employment references and conducting pre-employment screening checks. You follow up on sick leave by ensuring correct reporting and submitting referrals to the company doctor and vitality coach in a timely manner.
While being the first point of contact for all employee questions and queries related to the Collective Labour Agreement (CLA), you refer more complex queries to the HR Officer and provide administrative support to the HR Business Partners and HR Specialists as required. You are responsible for posting vacancy announcements, promoting vacancies through approved outreach channels and supporting on organising the assessment of candidates such as scheduling tests and interviews. You act as the focal point for new hires by completing all pre-onboarding formalities and ensuring a smooth onboarding process upon appointment. Overall, you provide support to the HR, People and Culture team on a number of administrative matters, including overseeing the administration of procurement for the Unit.
At Oxfam, we believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfilment as well as outstanding opportunities to develop your career.
Knowledge and Experience
An MBO degree in human resources or other relevant education.
At minimum of five years of experience in a similar position. Experience and knowledge of ICT-sytem SAP is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Dutch is required.
Skills and Abilities
Being people-oriented by nature with a strong focus on delivering excellent customer service, you have a strong work ethic, with the ability to handle requests from multiple sources and work effectively individually as well as across teams and in a multi-cultural environment, with a focus on promoting diversity and inclusivity. With a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values, you approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude. You remain calm when working under pressure and always work with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality. You have a strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and are able to communicate clearly.
What we Offer
For initial appointments, Oxfam Novib offers a contract of maximum one year (including a one-month probationary period) with possibility of extension. The position is based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Oxfam is committed to providing a fair and competitive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. This position is classified in scale 6. The gross salary range is between € 2.104 to € 3.236, on the basis of 36 hours per week.
Benefits typically include annual pay increases, performance-related salary increases, holiday allowance, contributions to commuting costs, vacation days, parental, care and special leave, a private bicycle scheme, pension scheme, etc.
How to apply
- Only applications submitted before the closing date and through our recruitment portal will be considered. Only applicants under serious consideration for a post will be contacted.
- This vacancy is posted both internally and externally at the same time, however with equal suitability, the internal candidate will be preferred.
- Although we are currently working remotely, upon appointment, you will be expected to be located in the duty station and to have a valid work permit. Oxfam Novib is unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- Applications from qualified candidates from all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are encouraged.
- Oxfam aims to attract a diverse mix of talented people that share our standards, values, principles, and are committed to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. High priority is placed on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism, finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
- Oxfam Novib retains the discretion to not make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.