Human Resources Coordinator
Amideast is the leading American non-governmental organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Founded in 1951, Amideast focuses on promoting U.S. education study to students located in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for performing a range of general HR-related administrative support duties in recruitment, orientation and onboarding, compliance, and other areas. The HR Coordinator will report to Senior Director of Human Resources and work within the Headquarters Human Resources team and will also support recruitment efforts with Country Directors, overseas field offices, and Business Development as required. S/he will be responsible for developing sourcing strategies to create and maintain talent pools, outreach strategy, and candidate engagement. S/he will also be tasked with full employment life-cycle Human Resources activities including onboarding, offboarding, and other related human resources and staffing needs.
· Talent Acquisition
o Source candidates for Headquarters and field office positions (international expatriates and local candidates)
o Gather information on and coordinate job advertising for staff in relevant countries and assist in writing job descriptions and postings
o Provide a smooth and seamless candidate experience and demonstrate to candidates and potential candidates a positive reflection of our brand and culture
o Support proactive sourcing and recruitment for personnel
o Maintain job postings on corporate applicant tracking system, Company website, and other posting sites to keep job postings up-to-date, closing filled positions, tracking applications, registering new candidates, and uploading relevant documentation
o Identify potential candidates through databases, contacts/networks, Internet, publications and cold calls
o Conduct initial screening interviews with candidates and provide summary reports to hiring managers or teams
o Helps maintain recruitment folders and documents
o Actively participate in internal discussions and initiatives to augment Amideast’s recruitment processes, systems, policies, procedures, and tools
o Conduct reference checks for potential candidates and manage verification and supporting documents
o Actively engage in efforts to improve Amideast’s network of consultants, alumni, and candidates
- General HR
o Plan and conduct new hire orientation, schedule meetings, coordinate new hire paperwork, and manage other entry procedures
o Provide support to the organization’s human resources strategy and vision, including participation with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program
o Respond to staff inquiries regarding compensation, leave, benefits, and other HR-related topics or issues
o Prepare and process personnel action forms, employee changes, offer letters, and other documents pertaining to employment
o Respond to unemployment compensation claims and requests for employment and pay information
o Generate correspondence, administrative reports, compliance reports, and related documentation as assigned or requested
o Maintain HR and employee records and other sensitive data
o Oversee the Washington, DC internship program
o Assist in maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
o Support offboarding for exiting employees including conducting exit interviews, processing paperwork, and other exit procedures
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Experience with online networking tools, such as LinkedIn and experience conducting searches on recruitment databases required
· Ability to practice discretion and maintain strict confidentiality and security of personnel files and information
· Ability to take responsibility for assignments, work independently, meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities
· Ability to solve problems
· Must have a strong orientation to client satisfaction and an ability to foster productive team relationships
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and assertive and professional demeanor
· Ability to work collaboratively in a fluid team environment with all levels of staff in all units of the organization
· Ability to prioritize tasks, organize large projects
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, International Relations, and/or Social Sciences in a related field
· Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in a similar role
· Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) or Applicant tracking systems (ATS)
· Fluency in English language
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
· Interest in International Education, Training, Exchange, and Diplomacy programs
· Fluency or familiarity with foreign languages – Arabic or French preferred**
· Experience with PDS Vista HRIS/ATS**
· Flexibility to work overlapping hours with teams and candidates located in different time zones
· Prior experience working in customer service-oriented jobs such as retail, hospitality, food service
The incumbent in this position will work in a professional office environment and will utilize the following equipment when working from the corporate office or remote home office (temporarily due to COVID-19).
· Computer (laptop or desktop)
· Other (Specify if any)
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This position description is an overview of the major functions and requirements of this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; the Employee’s Manager may assign other duties as related or as otherwise deemed appropriate and necessary within the general scope, without the need for additional compensation.
Up to 5% business travel may be needed to support career fairs, networking events, and business development talent acquisition as needed.
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org**
Amideast is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation