Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children with a vision of creating a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. As we complete 100 years in 2019 as an organization, Save the Children currently works in 117 countries in a variety of capacities around the world. Among five regional offices of Save the Children, Asia Regional Office – one of the largest region is based in Singapore providing strategic and operational oversight to 13 Country Offices in Asia.
As a key member of the regional HR team and working in close collaboration with the Regional HR Director (Asia), individual Country office Directors & HR teams and functional heads from the Head Quarter in London, this position will lead all functions related to HRIS management, other system building initiatives in the region, ensure data quality, generate and analyse all HR reports and HR scorecards, oversee compensation & benefits including payroll, salary benchmarking and all benefits. This position will be responsible for ensuring country office policy alignment with SCI global guidelines & policies to ensure Save the Children International is competitive and an employer of choice in both development and humanitarian contexts.
A. Build capacity of Country Offices (systems, policies & minimum operational standards):
- Responsible for identifying gaps on policies and systems related to HRIS, Compensation & benefits and facilitate strengthening country office capacity in line with global HR guidelines and requirements.
- Provide adequate clarity to all stakeholders in terms of policies and procedures.
- Work with Country offices to ensure staff employment/HR manuals are legally compliant and meet global and local guidance.
- Compile and support CO HR Leads to reduce gaps as identified in country specific SCI HR minimum operating standards.
B. Manage Global HRIS in Asia region:
- Co-ordinate with the Center (SCI Head quarter) on changes and ensure all country offices implement the changes.
- Responsible for data and report as per global, regional and country office requirements.
- Generate periodical dashboard, people scorecard and equivalent reports, analyse for management decision.
C. Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure compensation and benefits standards comply with SCI policies and/or other regulation or legislation
- Manage SCI salary and benefit review process for Asia including annual increments, cost of living analysis, annual insurance renewals, medical benefits and any other salary grade structure review.
- Perform Job Evaluation & salary review for country offices based on market benchmarking to ensure competitiveness to attract and retain good caliber staff; and to drive the desired organizational behavior and high performance culture.
- Analyze Compensation & Benefit(C&B) market surveys, benchmark best C&B practices, fine-tune existing HR-related systems and/or propose new initiatives to strengthen SCI market position in attracting, rewarding and retaining talents.
- Oversee payroll for Asia International staff and Asia Regional Office National staff.
- Ensure income tax compliance for all national and international staff in the regional office.
D. Manage employee exit process:
- Manage all employee exits, including retrenchments
- Ensure processes take place as per SCI policies and in a transparent way.
- Provide clarity to all stakeholders related to transitions.
E. Manage team performance:
- Manage performance of supervisees.
- Provide coaching and guidance for high performance.
- Undertake professional development initiatives and take initiative for career growth.
- Provide support to other HR team members and functions as necessary.
- Ready to work to any site in humanitarian response in Asia region.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 16 June 2021
Please note that we will review the candidates’ resume on rolling basis.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dHplbGVlLmNoaW4uMzEyMTcuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t