Responsibilities or Main Functions:
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Project Management Advisor, this position will be responsible for the portfolio of Occupational Health and Safety related services for all countries and projects where UNOPS has operations in the Latin America and Caribbean Region, in this context the main functions are:
1.Technical advice on occupational health and safety
2.Supervision of OHS performance of projects and offices and incident management
3.Training and knowledge management in occupational health and safety.
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant field and 5 years of experience; OR;
- A top-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant field and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- A tertiary education diploma (Technical / Technologist Diploma or equivalent) in a relevant field and 9 years of relevant experience.
- The relevant experience required is defined as progressively responsible experience in occupational health and safety management;
- Experience in HS (Health and Safety) risk assessments, inspections, incident investigation and / or training facilitation is required;
- Field experience in Latin American countries is required;
- Experience in managing and implementing health and safety issues for infrastructure projects is desirable;
- Experience in environmental management, advisory, risk assessments, inspections, incident investigation, and / or facilitation of training is desirable.
- Fluency in the Spanish language is required.
- A good level of English language work is required (minimum intermediate level)
- Knowledge of French or Portuguese is desirable.
How to apply
For more information about the above functions and how to apply for the vacancy, please visit the following link: