Human Resources and Finance Administrator,
USAID/Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES),
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) aims to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches. The Activity involves services across four components: Performance Management, Evaluation Services, M&E Capacity Building, and Collaboration, Learning and Adapting. Under the recently awarded Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) contract, MSI provides USAID/Iraq with utilization-driven support in the areas of project, activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The project office is located in Erbil.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position
The Human Resource and Finance Administrator will lead PMES’ human resources administration and will support the financial administration of the activity by providing payroll and accounting services. The HR and Finance Administrator will report to and be supervised by the PMES Finance and Administration Manager. This is a Long-Term Technical Assistance (LTTA) position.
- Nurture a positive working environment to help ensure employee wellbeing and safety.
- Maintain and update job requirements and job descriptions for all local staff positions.
- Support recruitment of local short- and long-term staff by coordinating job postings, screening. applicants, coordinating interviews and reference checks, and maintaining selection files.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make actionable recommendations based on data, as needed.
- Organize and implement new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Ensure legal compliance with Iraqi Labor Law & Regulations and MSI employee policy.
- Maintain human resource and payroll records, including paid leave balances, ensuring compliance with MSI policies and local laws.
- Ensure performance management processes are implemented.
- Coordinate employee performance reviews between staff and supervisors.
- Support staff development and support follow-up actions to improve employees’ experience and performance.
- Schedule and conduct job evaluations and take action to improve employees’ experience.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Prepare weekly and final expense report and submit to the Home Office (HO).
- Prepare the supported schedules and link them to final summary sheet.
- Write the appropriate explanation into transactions reports if necessary.
- Answer the HO inquiries on the monthly expense report and provide clarifications to facilitate the billing process.
- Prepare the monthly payroll for PMES staff.
- Prepare vouchers for PMES purchases and service providers.
- Balance the cash register, QuickBooks and the petty cash on daily basis.
- Balance the bank register according to the bank statement and the Home Office trenches.
- Reconcile the Home Office monthly wire transfer against the field office GL and clear all reconciling items.
- Provide support on any other finance related duties as needed.
- High school or equivalent diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field preferred.
- At minimum three years’ experience in human resource, finance, procurement, contracts and logistics matters on donor-funded projects.
- Prior experience with USAID programs preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with Government of Iraq financial system requirements, employment laws, tax withholding requirements, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience in managing donor-funded procurements and subcontracts preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Attention to details and and the ability to work independently and on a team.
- Flexibility and high capacity to adapt to change.
- Demonstrate a collaborative attitude and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to take on ownership from start to finish of tasks and projects.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in oral and written Kurdish preferred.
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic preferred.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com