Human Resources Director,
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA)
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
The Human Resources Director is responsible for the day-to-day human resources and administration activities for the AMELA project. They report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and work cooperatively with the other staff to contribute to the success of the project and to ensure smooth human resources, recruitment, and administration of the project. Note that this is a full-time position based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of all activity personnel matters.
- Supervise HR/Administration Officer and provide training and mentoring on Personnel Manual, USAID rules and regulations, and local labor laws.
- Ensure all AMELA hiring, personnel benefits conform to MSI’s policies, USAID rules and regulations, and local labor laws.
- Be familiar with local labor laws and advise management on legal aspects of personnel issues.
- Work with head of departments and staff to convey HR policies and procedures and facilitate their implementation.
- Ensure that employee files are properly maintained at site and all documentation is forwarded to the employee’s corporate file.
- Facilitate HR orientation to communicate and to maintain proper awareness of key issues regarding Workplace Violence, Performance Management, and any other HR specific topics.
- Oversee the performance management program in relation to ensuring that policies and procedures are being enforced on a regular basis and proper documentation is rendered.
- Handle all employee grievances and properly processes them per policy.
- Address all benefit and other HR related items and serve as a liaison to DCOP to ensure each issue is taken care of in a timely manner.
- Conduct on-site/pre-departure Exit Interviews for all exiting staff.
- Assist DCOP/COP in executing staff performance appraisals and evaluations on time.
- Manage the AMELA recruitment processes in accordance with MSI’s recruitment manual and procedures.
- Ensure compliance and transparency in recruitment process.
- Lead the recruitment and interviewing processes including arranging/attending interview, verifying work-history, education documents and references.
- Ensure that local staff salary offers are in line with the National Technical Assistance (NTA) salary scale Guideline.
- Provide functional guidance for administrative support needs.
- Oversee and ensure that stock management procedures and practices are followed properly.
- Oversee and monitor the supply and prepare requisition requests for all office expendable clerical supplies.
- Oversee and maintain a system of first-in/first-out for all stored materials and supplies.
- Responsible for project training and meeting space reservations and coordination of all required
- Logistical support in consultation with project technical and administration staff.
- Ensure the adequate supply of office supplies, stationary, and other expandable items.
- Oversee and ensure that monthly supply stock reports are filed properly.
- Other duties as assigned by DCOP and/or COP.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At minimum seven years of relevant experience with USAID project management, human resources, recruitment, logistics, and administration, required.
- Proficiency in USAID regulations and HR procedures and recruitment compliance, preferred.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- Demonstrated proactivity, attention to detail, working within deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client service provision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required.
- Professional written and spoken fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, required
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com