Jouri Consulting (Jouri) is an independent research and consultancy firm registered in Switzerland and Turkey with a presence in the Middle East through staff and partner organisations.
We’re here to do development differently – more empowering, impactful, fairer, and with evidence. Jouri aims to model fair and ethical international consulting in the MENA region. If you share our passion to make the development consulting field fairer to both the consultants who operate it and the communities who benefit from the work done in this sector, we warmly welcome you.
· Closing date for applications: 12th July 2021. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
· Contract period is one year with the possibility for extension. The contract includes a probation period of three months.
The HR Manager is responsible for the development of HR policies and procedures in alignment with the Turkish labour law including managing staff contracts and conditions. The role includes overseeing payroll and rewards and recognition programmes, as well as managing workplace safety initiatives. Along with administering employee-benefit programmes, the HR Manager role involves screening, recruiting new job applicants and developing training and development programmes for all employees.
The HR Manager will work with Jouri’s team and report directly to the managing partner.
The HR Manager will have the following responsibilities:
· Develop, monitor, and implement HR strategies aligned with the overall business strategy and the local labour law.
· Develop the HR policies and procedures.
· Ensure legal compliance in the human resource management.
· Manage company staff and international consultant contracts.
· Provide human resource management support as part of the business development and newly awarded contracts.
· Provide support to the Bids Manager in developing the bids and all related documents.
· Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
· Develop and implement plans to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
· Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system and review process that drives high performance.
· Ensure adherence to policies and processes throughout the company.
· Promote to a positive, professional, and respectful office culture.
· Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, and employees’ welfare.
· Provide the necessary support systems for payroll requirements.
· Provide detailed HR reports to senior management teams.
· Administer financial elements, such as payroll, compensation and benefits, and pension schemes.
· Arrange for internal and external training activities.
Education and Experience
The candidate will have:
· Master of Arts/Master of Science in Human Resource Management/Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in:
Ø Human Resource Management/Organisational Leadership
Ø Leadership Development
Ø Human Capital Development
Ø Organisational Behaviour
· Knowledge of HR systems, in addition to in-depth knowledge of Turkish labour law and HR best practices.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritise tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from different cultures.
· Strong and demonstrated commitment to international development and capacity development.
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Fluency in written and spoken Turkish
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the link to upload your cover letter and C.V. Please ensure that your documents are titled with your name.
Jouri is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by international data protection laws.