EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Human Resources (HR)/Payroll Assistant to join our growing company. The HR/Payroll Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative support to the Talent Management and Finance teams, working closely with the HR Generalist, Payroll Manager, and Talent Acquisition staff to assist in activities such as processing payroll, completing change forms, organizing and maintaining personnel records, and populating our consultant database. To succeed in this position, you must be highly organized, detail-orientated, and customer service-oriented.
The position is based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, MD and will be working a hybrid work schedule. Vaccine??
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Support the HR Generalist in HR administrative functions, including:
- Draft and process documents related to all employee changes
- Assist with scheduling new hire orientation
- Assist with pre-onboarding and onboarding documentation
- Organize and maintain personnel folders
- Ensure all HR-related information on the company’s intranet is correct and up-to-date
- Review and process Purchase and Payment Request (PPR) forms
- Additional HR administration tasks, as needed
- Support Payroll functions, including:
- Assist in the processing of bi-monthly payroll
- Respond to employee payroll-related questions in absence of Payroll Manager
- Follow-up on missing or incorrect timesheet submissions
- Other payroll-related duties, as needed
- Support the Talent Acquisition staff in recruiting functions, including:
- Populating and maintaining the consultant database
- Scheduling interviews or reference check calls
- Provide logistical support for career fairs and other recruiting events
- Other recruiting-related tasks, as needed
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree and two years of experience in an office environment or an Associate’s degree
Experience and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to organize and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Must be customer service-oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive HR and Payroll information
- Ability to work with templates and format materials using Microsoft Office programs, especially Word; experience with SharePoint a plus
- Previous experience in Payroll or HR a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with teams (in-person and virtual) and independently
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence
- Willingness to learn on the job and expand skills
- Ability to work in an appreciative, strengths-based environment
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.