FORUM-ASIA’s HRD Programme is a protection measure for human rights defenders (HRDs) and women human rights defenders (WHRD) in Asia. It seeks to facilitate a conducive environment for HRDs/WHRDs towards a more effective and efficient conduct of their work while being conscious of the risks involving their actions. It also pursues provision of practical safeguards for HRDs/WHRDs at risk by reducing both actual and perceived threats stemming from their work and activities.
Reporting to the HRD Programme Manager, the HRD Programme Associate will contribute developing and implementing strategy and action plan for the HRD Programme in line with FORUM-ASIA’s overall protection strategies.
Specifically, the HRD Programme Associate shall:
Attend regular programme team meetings, and prepare minutes, if required; and
Coordinate with other programmes on organisational activities.
Planning and budgeting
- Assist the HRD Programme Manager in developing programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; and
- Assists the HRD Programme Manager in identifying key human rights issues in Myanmar and provides innovative ideas to refine the programme’s strategy.
- Support and assist the implementation of the HRD Programme’s Protection Plan for HRDs/WHRDs at risk namely providing emergency assistance to Asian HRDs/WHRDs under threat in close coordination with FORUM-ASIA members, partners and defenders at risk;
- Organise and prepare holistic security training for defenders in Asia including Myanmar;
- Assist in maintaining the human rights defenders database and Asian Human Rights Defenders Portal;
- Organise forums, workshops and field missions in cooperation with FORUM-ASIA members, partners and other programmes concerned; and
- Support Programme staff on broader programme initiatives, including thematic research and preparation of programme materials.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Participate in team evaluations and follow-ups, as well as self-evaluations;
- Assist the HRD Programme Manager in preparing periodic progress reports: monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annually, as required, in a results-based management framework; and
- Produce mission reports, including finance clearance after each mission.
Work closely with FORUM-ASIA members and partners to support HRD Programme related activities; and
Implement other relevant tasks and activities as assigned by the HRD Programme Manager.
Full text of job announcement could be downloaded from this LINK
How to apply
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- A copy of your completed Application Form;
- A resume and a cover letter (Both in PDF file) explaining interest in the position.
Completed applications must be sent by email to FORUM-ASIA at email@example.com by 27 August 2021, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC +7), stating Human Rights Defenders Programme Associate Position (Myanmar project) in the subject line.
Please note that late applications will not be considered.