The Humanitarian Grants and Finance Manager provides grants and financial management to the portfolio of awards and contracts that are implemented by Humanitarian Affairs (HA) Team, supporting the Humanitarian Finance Director in the planning and management of resources for proper recording, documentation, control, monitoring and reporting of financial operations in compliance with CARE and donor rules & regulations.
The Humanitarian Grants and Finance Manager will report to the Humanitarian Finance Director providing quality grant management and financial support to the Humanitarian sub-teams as well as COs and RMUs implementing humanitarian programs. S/he will also support the management of emergency response appeal funds and select private grants or contracts.
- Budget creation and budgetary control
- Accounting, Reporting and Award management
- Processing invoices and payments
- Staff management support
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or Business Management or related field
- At least five years as a Finance Manager or equivalent experience
- At least 8 to ten years experience working in the developmental and / or humanitarian sector specific technical experience in budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, grants/contracts management and business management
- Demonstrated experience with financial troubleshooting and audit
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and grants and contracts management processes
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Starting salaries are based on internal equity, candidate experience, and the cost of labor where the job is based. Salaries listed only apply to jobs based in the US.