The International Group at the European Climate Foundation is looking for a Programme Assistant to support the International Climate Politics Hub Secretariat. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in the operational aspects of an international network. As the Programme Assistant you will support the Secretariat team and Global network through a range of administration functions and duties including scheduling of global calls, calendars, and events, and maintaining team tools, databases, and websites.
This is a junior position that will suit a candidate with excellent organisational capabilities and attention to detail who is looking to grow and develop a career in climate change and/or managing global networks.
- Team support and administration – lead on project administration duties, including but not limited to timely organisation and scheduling of conference calls, team meetings, diary support for senior team members; thorough and well organised capturing, synthesis, filing of notes and action points; some financial support (invoicing), ECF operational liaisons (e.g. IT);
- Team organisation – helping the team to deliver well through leading on the managing and updating of various team organisation tools such as managing team actions in the shared to-do list, slack, SharePoint, google drive as well as some elements of the project website;
- Database management – managing, with great attention to detail, the contact database and mailing tools ensuring they are kept up to date, fielding any issues that arise and ensuring all systems are functioning to their full potential.
- Event logisitcs – support on the organization of meetings, retreats, conferences and team travel as needed;
- Policies and procedures – support development, updating, and implementation of procedures and processes for improving internal organization, online security, information management, network optimisation, governance, etc.
- Working experience in a similar administrative/operational position supporting a team in a fast moving and complex environment;
- Experience in managing diaries across multiple time-zones;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with a proven ability to work flexibly, well under pressure, take initiative for managing own workload and be a creative problem-solver;
- Excellent attention to detail, diligence and reliability;
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written);
- People orientated, can-do attitude;
- Genuine interest in climate and the environment;
- Experience maintaining databases and websites would be advantageous.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A permanent full-time position.
London or Brussels is preferable however any ECF office will be considered.
Some international travel may be required.
Only candidates with the right to work in their location will be considered.
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please upload below:
- short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role
- both in English!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.