ISLAMIC RELIEF SOMALIA: JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: ICT/AX/EBMS Officer
BASE LOCATION: Mogadishu
GRADE: E step 1A
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 MONTHS – renewable based on performance and availability of resources**
REPORT TO: EBMS Administrator/Developer
LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: none
MATRIX MANAGES: none
· This role will be responsible for coordinating, planning and leading computer related operations in the organization. The officer ill determine the IT needs of IRS and will be responsible in local implementation of computer systems aiming to fulfil the information system needs of the organization. The scope of this role may vary from general related ICT management and maintenance of IRS devices and equipment and in some cases, the officer will also be involved in designing, deployment and training IRS staff on ICT systems implementations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
· The scope of this role is to reinforce the IRS ICT department to fulfil the local ICT needs and overall IRW ICT strategies. The officer will work closely with EBMS developer(s) in implementing ICT strategies in IRS. The officer is tasked to coordinate, plan and deploy solutions within the Somalia and its implementation partners as it may be required by the organization.
· The role will at all times ensure that ICT systems are deployed, secure and running as expected. The officer will enhance knowledge transfer through cascaded training within the IRS staff and implementing partners.
· The officer will be involved in daily Electronic Beneficiary Management Solution (EBMS) software planning, development and deployment to ensure that the system attains the set goals and objectives.
· Maintain IRS computers and other electronic devices including networking devices within the IRS offices.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Key Working Relationships
· Work with EBMS developer(s) in design and implementation of EBMS system.
· Work and influence IRS operations & humanitarian departments to ensure IR Operations are sensitive to good and quality ICT practices that adheres to IRW ICT policies.
· Work with the program teams in relation to Uploading and updating projects documentation in the AX system.
· Support the IRS staff in ICT related needs including system queries and management of information
· Support the field teams in various organization undertakings where ICT needs are relevant.
· Comply with all policies and regulations related to IRW ICT policies and ICT general guiding principles and practices.
· Lead in evaluating ICT related needs with the organization including design and deployment of new IT systems and services with IRS and implementing partners.
· Closely monitor the performance of the Information systems and give recommendations on how to improve the system together with the underlying infrastructure.
· Compliance with all ICT policies and ICT general guiding principles and practices.
· Help define the IT infrastructure strategy, processes and architectural requirements.
· Evaluate and document the business requirements within the organization and Key stakeholders across the organization to plan, design and develop solutions for IT needs.
· Develop a test strategies on new ICT equipment’s acquired by IRS.
· Upload and update projects in AX systems and EBMS system.
· Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to IT.
PERSON SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL
· Previous experience of IT systems.
· Software development skills especially core PHP and Laravel framework and Flutter.
· Ability to use Git and Jira platforms
- Minimum 2 years proven work experience in IT management and software development within a busy working environment in a reputable organization.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to prioritize.
- Good English language command.
· Willingness and ability to work at times with short notice
· Team worker
· It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and empathy with
the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IRW’s vision and mission
· Proactive approach to self-development
· Firm grasp of IT infrastructure and IT best practices.
· Strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
· Sufficient experience in rolling out IT systems and infrastructure across various technologies.
· Excellent working knowledge in computer network, security, database and system administration, phone system, data storage systems.
- Bachelor of Information Technology, Computer Science, Information System or any relevant fields.
- IT certification will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and experience in computer science
- Windows Server and desk supporting experience.
- Demonstrated data analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application/ operational requirements.
- Support and troubleshoot computer and network equipment, including Microsoft Office applications, TCP/IP Networking, and Windows operating systems, office 365.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group policies.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users knowledge of an issue-tracking system an advantage;
- Computer software and hardware troubleshooting for Microsoft Windows and MAC (i.e. cannot boot up computer, formatting, virus mitigation, MS Office, etc.)
- Network connectivity troubleshooting (i.e. internet, intranet portal, email connectivity, etc.)
- Basic Active Directory administration (i.e. account creation, deletion, update, group membership, account security and permissions, etc.)
- Experience in supporting LAN infrastructure, Active Directory domain environment and Windows-based servers.
- Email support on PCs and Mobile devices (Exchange Online and Exchanger server)
- Basic Telephony and Video Conferencing applications (Avaya, Webex, MS Teams, Bluejeans, Kaizala) Basic IT security knowledge (Malware, Proxy settings, Zscaler, Bitlocker and IAM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills design, coding and debugging skills.
- Proven personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards, flexible and responsive work style with minimum supervision.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, design, and most critically, attention to performance, scalability, reliability, availability at the system and component level.
- Skills in conducting quality assurance, software audit and end user training.
- Experience in developing websites, support the HRMIS system
competency and Technology required.
· PHP API Web application
Equal Opportunities for all
How to apply
· IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
· Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com and include the following:
· An updated CV; and · An application letter
· Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
· Copy of your National ID card or passport
· Contact information for three work-related referees.
· Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
· Application will be reviewed on rolling basis and whenever we get appropriate person will close the business.
· Deadline for the Application is 10th July 2021
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
The application Email subject should be ICT/AX/EBMS Officer