Position Title : ICT Officer (Business Processes)
Duty Station : Manila, Philippines
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 10 June 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
The position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the Divisions with its operations delocalized to MAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, MiMOSA Systems & Migrant Solutions and direct supervision of the BRM Mobile Solutions, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the requirements gathering, business process documentation, systems analysis, quality assurance and training including curriculum development for Applications and Systems developed by the Migrant Solutions Unit and contribute to their enhancement ensuring fulfillment of business requirements of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Programmes in the Country Offices (CO) and Headquarters (HQ).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Gather, review and assess business functional requirements from relevant IOM Departments, user community and partner stakeholders and suggest new functionality and improvement to existing functionality meeting business requirements and system configuration.
- Coordinate with Business Process Owners to prioritize enhancements and development. Prepare and maintain project and change management documents.
- Coordinate solution development and enhancement projects and design/redesign solutions for business functional requirements in consultation with relevant technical and development team and monitor and report progress.
- Prepare end-to-end business scenarios for testing and implementation, conduct unit and system testing and compile test results, and obtain formal sign-off from corresponding business units on the production-ready solution.
- Participate in data migration and cut-over activities for compiling and cleansing the master data ensuring its quality and validating result of upload activities when applicable.
- Maintain strong interaction with User Support and Change Management Teams by identifying learning gaps or recurrent user support issues from end-users with the objective of improving users’ knowledge, plan and provide trainings.
- Troubleshoot end-user issues as necessary and perform assigned User Support activities and ensure go-live and post go-live support is adequately provided.
- In coordination with the Business Engagement Team, foster stakeholder engagement within the organizational scope to ensure enhancement requests are captured and prioritized in line with the needs of IOM.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of new system releases and in Change Management activities to deploy enhancements and/or modifications to the system.
- Assist in the organization and/or participate in requirements gathering workshops, seminars or working groups and conduct training to actively promote the introduction of the new business solution.
- Manage compilation of inputs in terms of guidelines or system procedures for data quality control; Identify potential risks associated with solution development and enhancement projects, plan mitigation measures and report to the respective Managers.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience, or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification in Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Test Engineering, PMP or PRINCE 2 methodologies is a distinct advantage.
• Experience using either of the IOM Case management Systems developed by the Migrant solutions unit.
• Experience in IOM Project management guidelines and procedures including use of PRIMA.
• Experience in Reporting (narrative and statistical) and understanding of Business processes, including donor reporting.
• Extensive working knowledge and experience in either of the IOM Migrant Assistance Programmes in the areas of Health Assessment, Profiling and screening, Protection, Movement management, Cultural orientation and case work.
• Demonstrated understanding and effective application of project and quality disciplines including project management and donor reporting.
• Demonstrates effective application of knowledge and understanding of project and quality disciplines.
• Demonstrated data analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application/ operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Excellent problem-solving skills design, coding and debugging skills.
• Proven personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards, flexible and responsive work style with minimum supervision.
• Critical thinking, problem solving, design, and most critically, attention to performance, scalability, reliability, availability at the system and component level.
• Skills in conducting quality assurance, software audit and end user training.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 10 June 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 28.05.2021 to 10.06.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2021 117 ICT Officer (Business Processes) (P3) Manila, Philippines (57016583) Released
Posting: Posting NC57016584 (57016584) Released