To produce a range of information products, including need assessments, situation, flash reports, etc. for IMU after receiving pre-processed information from the data analysis and network coordinating officers.
- To establish standard templates for all IMU information products.
- To draft reports in Arabic and/or English in scientific, professional and clear language.
- To review/edit the drafted reports and ensure the consistency and accuracy of the presented data in the form of narrative, figures and maps.
- To Read material and research humanitarian-specific terminology.
- To create/translate reports in Arabic/English applying humanitarian terminology and ensuring translated texts convey original meaning, format and tone.
- To read and grasp graphs, maps, infographics, tables, and other visuals to generate narrative concise texts demonstrating meaning and communicating message.
- To produce regular/ad-hoc reports, newsletters, thematic reports, presentations, narrative for interactive and classical reports and other narrative reports as assigned by supervisor.
- To prepare methodologies for IMU products.
- To prepare secondary data for each report.
- To draft/review/edit other substantive written material for the manager as requested.
- To translate reports from Arabic to English and vice versa and other documents as requested by management.
- To perform interpretation during meetings/trainings upon request.
- To attend Cluster meetings, present IMU products there and engage with UN cluster leads.
- To present IMU products in professional way in English/Arabic languages in meetings.
- Write project proposals for any potential projects as per donor request.
- To Perform interpretation during meetings/trainings upon request
- To work overtime when required.
- To perform any other needed duties as directed by supervisor.
Note: the above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart. **
Qualification (Education/Work Experience/Languages)
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in English language, translation or any related field.
- Language: Arabic language advanced level; English language advanced level; Turkish basic level.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in writing/translating reports related to the Syrian context.
- Master’s degree in English language, translation or any related field.
- Language: Arabic language advanced level; English language advanced level; Turkish intermediate level.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in writing/translating reports related to the Syrian context.
Core & Technical Competencies
A. Core Competencies:
- Planning and Organizing
- Client Orientation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological Awareness.
B. Technical Competencies:
Reporting skills: drafting reports with context analysis, producing recommendations, triangulating available data to write key findings, usage of references in reports, usage of secondary data in reports, and presenting complex information in a clear fashion.
- Excellent command and demonstrated experience in translation and presenting complex information in a clear fashion.
- Good command of Microsoft office Excel: sorting data, if function, filters, …
- Good command of Microsoft OneDrive/SharePoint: archiving, file management.
- Good command of Microsoft office Word: organizing word documents, text formatting, document layout, dealing with tables.
- Good command of Microsoft office PowerPoint: preparing slideshows and presentations.
- High degree of knowledge on the situation inside Syria and of actors and networks (LCs, PCs, NGOs)
- Good command of humanitarian standards.
- Good command of sphere standards.
- Good knowledge of skype.
How to apply
To apply for this job by Email please fill the followed link: https://forms.gle/NxvXGv64iXXtNuVE8
Please include the job code in the subject ( IMU-RO-01 ), the applications which not include the code will not be considered.
Please Note the applicants should have a valid residence permit in Turkey