The Natural Science Unit is working on the IHP and MAB programmes, as well as other initiatives to support the national and sub-regional efforts for the promotion of Natural Sciences and sustainable management of natural resources, by bringing together, some core concepts such as IWRM, ecohydrology, sustainability science, environmental sustainability, science policy and climate change through South-South Cooperation mechanism.
Under the supervision of Director, the consultant will work on the following tasks:
- Development of initiatives to facilitate the link between UNESCO Natural Sciences programmes and the Agenda 2030 on Sustainable Development Goals especially in the context of UNSDCF;
- Development of new proposals that will address subjects which may include but which should not necessarily be restricted to: IWRM, sustainable management of water resources, ecocivilization, climate change, forestry, community-based conservation, protected area management, biosphere reserves, participatory approaches to conservation, biodiversity conservation, ecotourism and environmental awareness within the framework of UNESCO’s mandate and related programmes;
- Participate in meetings related to the water and environmental programmes with project partners, with special attention to the governments;
- Ensure the goals and targets of the Agenda 2030 are well incorporated in activities of the UNESCO Beijing Office;
- Provide technical backstopping to partners working together on the water and environmental projects;
- Provide technical advice to the supervisor and Director for the smooth implementation of the Natural Sciences regular programmes and extrabudgetary projects.
- Undertake actions to facilitate South-South cooperation by the establishment of scientific networks between China and other countries;
- Guide junior colleagues within UNESCO’s system
- Submit to UNESCO Office Beijing office, a monthly report, which should synthesis of technical findings of implementation partners and activities, no later than:
· 30 September 2021
· 31 October 2021
· 30 November 2021
· 30 December 2021
a. Submit a travel plan and cost for the period September-December 2021 no later than 30 September 2021
b. Submit to UNESCO Office Beijing, a final report on the activities not later than 30 December 2021
c. Carry out other duties as instructed by the Director, UNESCO Office, Beijing.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and detailed CV in English to UNESCO Beijing office firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: “Natural Science Individual Consultant”.** The deadline is 26 August 2021, midnight (local time).
WeChat application link: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA3MDQ4NjE3OA==&mid=2652379845&idx=1&sn=6a6916f2b90a6cc7b33cf046232b436a&chksm=84d0ab08b3a7221edb422540115d97eed4a543a2bd73e2b91990095575554910181c8a7421df&token=2088956450&lang=zh_CN#rd