The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
This is a 12-month Fixed Term full time position. You will provide support for the onboarding of prospective and newly Approved Employers (AEs) to ensure the process of becoming an approved employer remains smooth and efficient, whilst safeguarding the reputation of the program.
This will include assisting AEs to understand the application process, recruitment requirements and ongoing employer obligations of the scheme and conducting site visits in line with risk assessment processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Industry Engagement Coordinator by the drafting of formal reports (recommendations to DFAT) on employer suitability to become approved under the Scheme
- Be the first line of contact for enquiries to the PLF (group inbox management)
- Providing support to prospective employers through the approval process, answering queries and providing information on topical issues
- Conducting site visits to employers and host employers to ensure all Pacific Labour Scheme requirements are met
- Maintain accurate records of all site visits, compliance and other activities and employer contact/outreach.
- Escalate complex matters to the Industry Engagement Coordinator for resolution
- Contribute to strengthening close relationships between local industry associations, peak bodies, local employer and the wider business community
- Identify and promote the PLS in emerging and diverse industries to grow the demand of Pacific labour in Australia with a focus on semi-skilled positions
- Identify and promote opportunities for microstates, low sending countries, female participation and disability engagement to new Approved Employers
- Build strong working relationships with potential and approved employers, to develop an open and honest dialogue around any complexities and/or issues related to the approval process or recruitment process under the Pacific Labour Scheme
- Regular interstate and/or regional travel, as required.
It is essential that you have relevant work experience in operational coordination or administration and industry compliance.
This position will require you to have strong understanding and practical experience of Australian industry priorities and challenges, as well as experience engaging with multiple internal teams and external stakeholders in a government/private enterprise environment.
It is also expected of you to have driver’s license and willingness to drive to regional locations and flexibility to undertake frequent travel, including after hours and weekends.
Key personal skills and attributes you must tick:
- High level of interpersonal skills and customer/client relationship management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised and strong in documentation and filing
- Completes work with minimal supervision and high level of accuracy
- Microsoft Windows Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to apply
You must have valid Australian work rights to be considered for this position – visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
To apply for this job please visit the Palladium website at:
Applications close on 24th June 2021