iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The project aims to provide information management and coordination support to Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) stakeholders within North East Syria to improve coordination and increase capacity building. Secondly, it’s to improve the HMA common operating picture in Syria through continued technical support of the Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA) and humanitarian access and risk mitigation (HARM) software. Lastly, improve coordination between all HMA stakeholders with NGOs, national authorities, and international agencies, to increase the effectiveness of HMA activities in the region.
Additionally, the IMO is tasked to improve the accuracy of the data held by iMMAP and to improve and effectiveness of the distribution of materials.
The IMO will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP program in its work with national partners, international partners, and applicable donor agencies.
The IMO will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
- Complete the qualitative and quantitative Mine Action database cleanup process.
- Perform a monthly audit of mine action information to ensure data completeness, integrity, and quality.
- Coordinate the installation of the system, developing the database, and making sure that the overall system is operational.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of situational analysis, improving quality of service delivery, and identifying service gaps.
- The IMO is responsible for the administration of relevant datasets and/or databases including content, structure, file location, backup system.
- Liaise with other information managers to build information management relationships for gathering reliable data and using data collection tools at the field level.
- Assist and support the implementation of training, meetings, conferences, workshops, and all IM activities planned by the iMMAP NES team.
- Provide monthly data chart analysis based on monthly standard reports for current hazards area contamination and hazard reduction activities.
- Coordination and control of all GIS functionalities with iMMAP staff.
- Assist the Technical Advisor with the data processing.
- Support other IMOs in identifying gaps in data and information relevant to iMMAP NES operations.
- Design software/tools and dashboard to share IM products with other UN clusters and humanitarian NGOs.
- Assist the information management technical advisor in developing the work plan and highlight technical requirements to improve the capacity building.
- Complete additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Hold a bachelors degree
- At least 5 years of working experience with GIS on-field operational level and in a multi-cultural environment.
- In-depth knowledge of IMSMA and GIS software
- Very good ability in topographical map reading.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian information management, IMSMA, or any other programming language), data visualization, or data analysis is required.
- Understanding data QA/QC processes for information management are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Soft skills
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, NGOs working with community projects, and agencies involved in mine-action.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/264