iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
- The project provides support to the humanitarian community by better coordinating current information efforts, developing new granular information on conditions in potential areas of return, monitoring developments in host countries, producing thematic reports on key drivers and barriers to return, and disseminating information
- Covid Coordination: Dedicated coordination capacity will be fundamental to efforts to sustain the ongoing void response, advocate for essential services, coordinate vaccine rollout, and liaise with local authorities. Thus, the NES EmergencyCoordinator for COVID-19 is responsible for leading the COVID-19 Task Force, which oversees the implementation of the preparedness and Response Plan and associated workstream developed.
- Mine Action coordination: Provide and maintain a comprehensive picture of explosive hazard contamination and progress of the intervention measures to all stakeholders. It will include the provision of an information-sharing platform, strengthening the partnership between MASWG with other working groups, and contributing in advocacy to ensure that Mine Action’s voice is alive in NES.
Additionally, the IMO is tasked to improve the accuracy of the data held by iMMAP and to improve and effectiveness of the distribution of materials.
The IMO will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP programme in its work with national partners, international partners and applicable donor agencies.
The IMO will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
- The IMO will proactively gather information from sector partners, government authorities which may be of use to the sector for informing decisions;
- The IMO will identify gaps in current implementing partner participants and will engage with NGOs, humanitarian and development organisations to restore renew or join participation in data sharing or IM support.
- The IMO will identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis and sharing.
- The IMO will ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant humanitarian implementing partners.
- The IMO will adopt appropriate existing IM tools including that available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level. As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, collectable and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector;
- The IMO will develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in-country upon request.
- The IMO will facilitate mobile data collection, from development and data management.
- The IMO will generate statistical reports, graphs, maps and follow up on cluster-specific trends.
- The IMO will support new and ongoing assessments.
- Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
- Manage, analyse, document data and information from INGO interventions
- Map assistance coverage in a specified area, analyse and report the potential gaps
- Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance
- Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes
- Maintain databases, provide data entry if required
- Establish and maintain filing and documentation system accessible for humanitarian partners working in the area
- The IMO will attend periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organization.
- The IMO will provide specific, sometimes dedicated, support to other stakeholders when required.
- The IMO will integrate cluster‐related and partners’ data on the information system developed by iMMAP.
- The IMO will advise on the design, development, and/or customization of databases/dashboards from the reporting clusters or implementing partners or country directors.
- The IMO will ensure that all support requirements of iMMAP and other organisations are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- The IMO will maintain Contact directories of sector humanitarian partners.
- The IMO will identify needs and gaps for the sector.
- Liaise with the mine action implementing partners’ information technology and information management unit to ensure that the minimum information technology infrastructure requirements of IMSMA are supported by all HMA offices.
- Perform any other assigned tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences or any relevant field
- At least 1 year of working experience in the Information Management Field and in a multi-cultural environment.
- In-depth knowledge of database software, and computer networks, Good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Data visualization or data analysis is required.
- Possess advanced skills in MS-Access, MS SQL Server, Web design would be an asset
- Good knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Soft skills
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Ms. PowerBI
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/265