The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Regional M&E Officer, assist in creating and updating a repository of Monitoring and evaluation tools for use by country and regional projects.
- Assist in analysis and visualization of data on M&E trends to enable RPSU, country offices and RO management make informed decisions on ongoing projects.
- In consultation with the Regional M&E Officer and the M&E focal points, assist in managing the regional evaluations tracker and performing quality assurance functions during data collection, entry, and storage.
- Assist in planning and tracking of M&E capacity building calendar, as well as completing and maintenance of M&E training database.
- Assist in capacity building on data capture and analysis for routine monitoring data using excel and other data analysis tools, including developing and orienting staff on data visualization systems including Power Bi and excel.
- Assist in consolidating simple guides for retrieval, collation and use of data from institutional platforms for monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Support RPSU to improve knowledge management by creating and maintaining a repository of knowledge products from M&E processes and assist in disseminating of such information to relevant audience in collaboration with regional communication unit and country offices.
- Assist in developing and administering survey tools for M&E processes in the region.
- Assist in drafting and finalization of RO Bi-annual and annual monitoring reports.
- Assist with any other duties as required in the Regional Support Unit.
Eligibility and Selection
The Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas of relevance to IOM programmes and activities. Interns must be between 20 and 36 years old and should have less than two years of relevant working experience. The Internship Programme is open to candidates of any nationality. Candidates with lived experience as a migrant are strongly encouraged to apply.**
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Recently graduated with bachelor’s degree, professional qualification or an equivalent from an accredited academic institution in statistics, research, Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Development, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field;
· Able to adapt to an international, multicultural, multilingual environment;
· Advanced English writing and communication skills and able to work in a team;
· Familiarity with computer programs, including MS Office 365 programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher) via SharePoint and OneDrive, as well as MS Teams;
· Familiarity with data analysis and visualization programs will be considered an advantage;
· Webpage as well as database development and management skills an advantage;
Advanced English writing and communication skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int . Please include the reference code ROBKK-CFA 2021-057 followed by your full name in the subject line and mention your preferred duration as mention above.
Applications should include:
• Cover letter that communicate relevant skills as well as medium to long term goals and how this internship is expected to contribute towards achieving these goals (max 1pg)
• Curriculum vitae including experience that showcase time-management, multi-tasking, and multi-cultural experience whether in the service sector or retail (max 2pgs)
• Duly completed IOM Personal History Form
(can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
• 2-3 writing samples (max 30pgs combined)