STTA Scope of Work
Position Title: Internal Audit Specialist Consultant
Classification: ST Local
Level of Effort: TBD
Location: This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria with regular travel to the Abuja-based SAII Associates office.
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc.
The objective of this billable short-term assignment is to serve as the Internal Audit Specialist Consultant for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project. The Internal Audit Specialist will support various internal compliance and audit preparedness initiatives, examine financial vouchers for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with various internal rules and regulations. The Internal Audit Specialist will also collaborate with other departments across the organization to ensure all vouchers meet internal audit preparedness standards by rectifying vouchers found to be noncompliant with applicable rules and regulations. Most of the work will be performed in-person with occasional remote work, as determined by Deputy Country Director – Operations and Compliance. This is a contract assignment expected to last three months, with the possibility of an extension.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- Examines physical and digital vouchers against applicable voucher assembly work instructions and guidelines.
- Assesses completeness of substantiating documents against contractual terms and conditions.
- Reviews budgets and cost allocations when relevant to ensure compliance with organizational cost methodology standards.
- Identifies physical and digital filing trends across all vouchers and makes filing process improvement recommendations, when relevant.
- Maintains a database of record-keeping recommendations and observations.
- Reviews and develops procedures to mitigate fraud.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Submits one (1) weekly report on observations to leadership in writing outlining a list of transactions reviewed and steps taken to ensure completeness of all files; identifies documents still in need of supporting documentation.
- Prepares memos for DCOP Operations and Compliance approval when documents are not complete and/or require additional clarifications in consultations with relevant departments.
- Compile’s key, cross-cutting documents in one database for ease of access and review
- Conducts weekly meetings with designated points of contact to flag missing or mis-filed documents and requests instructions on how to obtain such documentation.
- Prepares exit report detailing the overall status of all reviewed files, corrective actions taken, lessons learned, and recommendations.
- Minimum of 5 years of audit-related work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or accounting required; Lead Audit certification from reputable certifying body required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively lead meetings and conduct presentations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others, identify root causes, and drive results.
Supervision of Consultant: The Internal Audit Specialist Consultant will report directly to the Chief Internal Auditor, or any successor appointed by the Company.
How to apply
To apply, Please see link below: