Ref code: AZCFA_2021/12
Duty Station: Home based
Appointment type: Consultancy, 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Closing Date: 04 June 2021
Estimated Start Date: 01 July 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. In 2001, Azerbaijan became an IOM member state through the formalization of cooperation between IOM and the Government of Azerbaijan. More information is available at https://azerbaijan.iom.int/
IOM mission to Azerbaijan and the State Migration Service (SMS) of the Republic of Azerbaijan jointly proposed an initiative which supports the establishment of a Regional Training Centre on Migration that could serve as a hub for knowledge sharing, research and policy dialogue with governments and a broad range of stakeholders in the field of migration in the region. While the Training Centre will be based in Baku, it is expected to serve all countries in CIS region and other countries including Turkey, Ukraine and Iran. The Centre is also expected to become a unique educational hub for specialized courses on migration, accessible to different stakeholders (government officials and practitioners, civil society representatives, researchers, students, media) working in the field of migration in Azerbaijan, the CIS countries and beyond.
IOM Project: Supporting the establishment of a Regional Training Centre on Migration in Azerbaijan
Tasks to be performed under this assignment:
a) Undertake desk research and analyze all the necessary documents and training materials to fully understand the ground situation;
b) Analyze the training needs assessment report conducted within the project and identify key gaps to be addressed;
c) Design and moderate a two-day workshop to be organized to exchange information, experiences, and successful practices from various countries with participation of government counterparts, relevant academics, and experts in migration, representatives of existing successful regional and interstate training facilities and institutes, as well as civil society:
- developing the workshop program;
- identifying key participants with support of a national consultant;
- develop a report which includes joint recommendations by the participants.
d) Develop a comprehensive roadmap for the establishment of RTCM based on the analysis of the relevant documents in the field, as well as by referring to the joint recommendations from the workshop;
e) While developing the roadmap pay particular attention to gender, human rights and local/regional specificities and priorities regarding capacity building;
f) Establish a Network of Experts (both international and national) who would provide expert support/advice throughout the project with support of national consultant:
- Developing ToRs for the experts;
- identifying key resource persons.
g) Moderate a half-day steering meeting of the Network of Experts:
- Discuss ToRs and adopt them;
- Draft workplan for each expert.
Qualifications and experience
· Advanced university degree from an accredited academic institution in international law/relations, social sciences, migration studies, education, or similar fields;
· Experience in the development of a roadmap or any similar assignment or support in similar initiatives;
· Ability and experience in liaising with government authorities as well as with international institutions for research, capacity building and other purposes;
· Effective researching, writing, presentation skills;
· Strong analytical, interpersonal and moderation/coordination skills;
· Oral and written fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Russian is an advantage.
The consultant is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
· Teamwork: contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Continuous Learning: promotes continuous learning for self and others
· Accountability: takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
· Communication: listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV in English by indicating name of the position and reference code applied in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 04 June 2021