Minimum age: 35 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of UN-Habitat Iraq or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Programme Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide strategic guidance and technical support for planning, management and implementation of a project titled “*Support for Urban Recovery and Peacebuilding in Western Ninewa, Iraq*” funded by the EU MADAD Fund as well as other assigned projects.
- Ensure timely coordination with the donor, government counterparts, communities and other counterparts/stakeholders.
- Develop project approaches, design project implementation guidelines, standard operating procedures in line with the project’s theme.
- Ensure the project team is working in collaborative dynamics to achieve the overall project goal.
- Monitor the project progress on a daily basis in liaison with UN-Habitat’s field engineers and ensure timely implementation of the project activities.
- Monitor the project expenditure in liaison with UN-Habitat’s operations team.
- Plan and conduct field missions to monitor the progress of the activities and liaise with the government counterparts as well as beneficiary community members.
- Draft and finalize monitoring reports, progress reports, project final report, press releases and any other documents related to the project.
- Develop project proposals for the new phases/new projects.
- Plan and implement communications and visibility activities in line with the donor requirements and guidance.
- Plan and organize Steering Committee meetings and other coordination meetings for the project in liaison with the donor, government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Actively engage and represent UN-Habitat at relevant coordination and cluster forums.
- Initiate and coordinate outreach activities; conduct training workshops, seminars, etc. and deliver presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Develop and maintain partnerships and regular communication with project stakeholders such as local authorities, counterparts, implementing partners, contractors, beneficiaries and relevant UN agencies;
- Lead on assigned policy and programme development initiatives, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies;
- Organize and prepare written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.;
- Perform other duties as required.
Required degree level
Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in programme/project management, architecture, civil engineering or a relevant area is required;
- Experience in managing, implementing, and monitoring projects related to supporting IDPs, returnees, and/or host communities is required; including at least two years international experience is required;
- Experience in donor coordination and/or resource mobilization is required;
- Experience in conflict-affected field environment is desirable;
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others is desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills is desirable;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team is desirable;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences is desirable;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions is desirable; and
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) is desirable.
- Minimum age criteria established at 35 years of age.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Development programme management, Other development programme/project experience, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination
Area of expertise details
- Confident computer user, particularly in Word, Excel, and email functions is required.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
How to apply
*Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 21 July 2021