DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: DT Global .
Overview: DT Global is seeking an International Sanitation Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Consultant to support the USAID Afghanistan Urban Water and Sanitation (AUWS) Activity in collaboration with the Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewage State-Owned Corporation (UWASS). The International Sanitation PPP Consultant will assist UWASS in their efforts to rehabilitate and operate a wastewater treatment plant by preparing a public-private partnership concept note, utilizing feasibility study data, and collecting further necessary information from stakeholders for development of the concept. Working remotely as part of AUWS’s technical support, the Consultant will serve as the assignment lead and coordinate closely with national STTA in development of the concept note.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review existing documents and literature on the Makroryan Wastewater Treatment Plant, including the feasibility study developed by the UN Office for Project Services; conduct any additional research and information gathering; and produce a data collection report based on analysis and findings
- As assignment lead and with the support of national STTA, develop a concept note for the rehabilitation and operation of the Makroryan Wastewater Treatment Plant through a public-private partnership, which will be submitted to the PPP Unit at the Office of the President. The concept note will consist of the following sections:
- Project details
- PPP sustainability
- PPP structure
- Needs and benefits
- Next Steps
- Provide online support in presentation of the concept note to the PPP Unit and revision of the concept note, based on stakeholder comments
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in water or sanitation engineering
- At least ten (10) years of experience in the sanitation sector and public-private partnership (PPP) projects
- Professional fluency in English
- Prior work experience in post-conflict countries such as Afghanistan with developing governance and economic systems
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
To apply, please visit the DT Global website to submit an application.
To view other job opportunities at DT Global, please visit https://dt-global.com/company/careers.