ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising-spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions and advocacy.
- ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures*.*
- ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities and persons from under-represented groups to apply to the position.
- ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
- ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
- The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
Under the direction of the CISM (Country Information Systems Manager) the IT Officer is responsible delivering timely reactive and proactive IT Support for both hardware and software across the mission.
To mentor and advise the IT Assistants and support Senior IT Staff in reporting, escalating, assignment, updating of IT Tickets and ensuring SLO’s are met.
As directed, and under the authority of the CSIM, report, implement and enforce IT Policies and IT Security in your area, with enforcement of IT Policies.
Lead Project tasks as directed by CISM or Project Lead/Manager.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
- Country Information Systems Manager
- Line Management
All FLATS – Field and Capital
Program – Field and Capital
Suppliers & Contractors
- · support the Senior IT Staff and CISM implementing and setting the IT department’s strategic goals objectives,
- · ensure SLO’s and tickets are assigned, and escalated within your area(s) and ensuring a timely delivery of IT Support
- provide 3rd line support to IT Team in support related activities.
- update, track inventory and provide reporting as required under ACTED guidelines and as directed by CISM .
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. IT Service Desk
a. Create and update tickets in the IT Service Desk
b. Ensuring SLO (Service Level Objectives) are met for your area(s)
c. Assigning area IT tickets to other area IT assistants
d. Be the 2nd line support to IT Assistants and ensure timely escalation to 3rd line or CISM as appropriate
e. Become a specialist in at least four areas of IT Support
f. Assist in the building internal IT Team knowledge base
g. Create and develop content for a user knowledge base for self-help on IT Issues
h. Training IT Assistants and mentoring their skills in IT diagnosis and best practice
i. Ensure Change requests are raised to Senior IT Staff/CISM for approval before changes are made.
2. IT Infrastructure
a. Configure IT infrastructure devices and solutions using best practice consulting Senior IT Staff and CISM before deployment.
b. Create guides on configurations & ensure all guides from IT Team are stored.
c. Assist another IT Team member in configuration of infrastructure
d. Ensure configurations are secure and strong passwords & MFA are used to secure systems & hardware
e. Research hardware & software infrastructure to advise on solutions and methodologies to secure IT environments
f. Assist as required in the testing of backup on monthly basis to test disaster recovery & file recovery.
3. Hardware & Software IT Support
a. Implementing standards in line as advised by CISM for network configurations
b. Implementing and reporting on standards advised by CISM for Endpoint Senior IT Officer
c. Checking configuration of systems and infrastructure and validating them across mission
d. Help IT Assistants and act as initial consultee on the setup and configuration of IT equipment and software.
a. Participate in projects as directed by CISM
b. Lead on the Projects Tasks under the supervision of CISM or Project Lead for IT Solitons to improve the system, connectivity and service
c. Track and report on project tasks status to CISM or Project Lead on regular basis
Ensure projects tasks under their lead are running on time.
5. IT Policies & procedures
a. Assist in the creation and editing of IT Policies and procedures
b. Enforce and report breaches to IT Policies by staff to CISM
c. Advise user on how to comply with GDPR in their role whilst using technology, encryption, sharing of data
d. Report breaches of GDPR to CISM
e. Report data breaches to CISM
f. Assist in the onboarding and offboard of staff and ensure this correctly carried out including, inventory, induction, creation, and deletion of accounts for your area.
g. Provide feedback and inputs on IT standards for hardware and software
a. Create or work with IT Assistant for the creation of CC (Completion Certificates) & ensure these are sent to Logistics on time
b. Check order forms for your area before assign to the IT Ticket
c. Ensure any procurement are authorized by CISM
d. Ensure all Technical Check are completed by area IT staff accurately before including into the ticket.
e. Ensure AST-04 card complete for your area and are sent to logistics.
Prepare documents, reports, or details for any procurements as directed by CISM.
a. Assist in the weekly and monthly reporting for IT Service Desk for your area.
b. Add information as appropriately to SLO and KPI reporting by Senior IT Staff
c. Ensure completion of ACTED reporting is complete for your area and compiled from other areas at capital
d. Creating and editing documentation for all networks office site plans, seating plans and other infrastructure documentation.
8. Training, Development and research
a. Continual self-development of technical features and the application of:
i. Microsoft Solutions such as Windows 10,
ii. Networking solution and technology including hardware, software, wireless, wired
iii. Printing, scanning, cameras and video conferencing equipment
iv. Azure and Office 365
v. Other solutions used by the mission
b. Participate in training delivered inhouse, externally or OnDemand and paid for by ACTED.
c. Deliver Training to other IT Team members
d. Delivery training to ACTED users on security, how to use application & best practice
e. Stay up to date & research IT & Cyber security to help advise other rest of IT team and users.
f. Assist in the development of new and improved training programs for users.
9. Nature of the Job
a. Sunday – Thursday standard working week.
b. Flexible working hours as agreed with CISM, core hours of 9am – 5pm
c. Can expect to start on adhoc basis, any here between 6am and finish at 9pm to solve any unforeseen issues or planned maintenance.
d. Flexible working between office and home at discretion of CISM
e. Flexible working is subject to satisfactory performance according to CISM
f. Occasion Friday and Saturday work may be required to carry out work outside of working days – alternative day off given for the following week.
10. This ToR defines the main duties, responsibilities and work required, this is subject to change to meet the needs of the mission, and duties changed by the CISM.
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum 3 years in IT Support position.
· Minimum of 1 years’ experience working as IT Officer or equivalent position
· Previous experience working as IT Officer with NGO’s is preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal including proficiency in English and Arabic languages.
· Must have previous experience in using, and diagnosing issues in software such as Windows 10, Office 365
· Experience of remote support tools
· Experience in configuring firewalls both hardware and software
· The ability to work independently, demonstrating creativity and good problem-solving skills while following strict procedures, supporting multiple projects, priorities, and locations is essential.
· Knowledge of various IT Solutions
· Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
Knowledge and understanding of basic logistics & procurement principles, document control, and the IT market.
Key Performance Indicators
· IT Service Desk meeting SLO
· Ensuring escalations are handled within timeframe
· Submission or reports and research within deadlines
· Delivery assigned tasks on time
· Ensuring project task delivered on time
· Reporting on work and communication to Senior IT Staff and CISM.
· Fluent English and Arabic (written and spoken);
· Excellent writing and communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure in a high pace environment.
· Agile personality that can adapt to new technologies and processes
· Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
· Proficiency diagnosing IT issues in Windows 10 and Office 365
· Wireless and Wired networking skills
· Basic Network design skills and understanding of different devices and their implementation
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical skills
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.