The IT Specialist provides technical support to AMIDEAST Morocco staff and in some cases customers, helping develop and implement IT standards and policies, and providing technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The IT Specialist will help in the implementation and management of the software applications and the hardware infrastructure which support AMIDEAST’s local operations.
· Administer and maintain functionality of Active Directory, Print servers.
· Perform administration and maintenance of cloud services (O365, ProClass).
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot local LAN, WAN, Wireless and telephone infrastructure.
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network environment including devices, network ports, switches, patch panels, and patch cords.
· Responsible for the security systems on-premises (surveillance, alarm, fire, etc.).
· Coordinate with local Internet and telephone service providers.
· Maintain hardware and software for employees, resource centers, labs, and training rooms.
· Ensure that AMIDEAST computers, IT equipment and software are fully operational and up to date and staff are always able to utilize them properly.
· Provide classroom and computer lab support to ensure AMIDEAST courses are delivered to clients on-site.
· Handle IT procurement according to AMIDEAST’s procurement procedure,
· Receive IT equipment and supply orders, verify brand and quantity, and store in the IT storage room.
· Responsible for processing old computers, hardware repairs, replacements, and data sanitization for the purpose of hardware disposal.
· Respond to Helpdesk tickets and provide daily support of network, desktop, software, and hardware for Morocco users.
· Implement and enforce AMIDEAST policies and standard operating procedures.
· Provide technical awareness/training to office users where applicable.
· Work closely with the regional IT team on technology improvements and changes as needed, as well as comprising the annual IT budget.
· Any other duties assigned by line manager.
Formal Education & Certification
· University degree in the field of computer science
· Certifications in A+, CCNA, Network+, Linux+ are preferred.
· English: A demonstrated excellent level of proficiency in the four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading, and writing, with a valid minimum TOEIC Listening & Reading score of 750.
· Arabic and/or French: A demonstrated native speaker level of proficiency in the four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
Knowledge & Experience
· A minimum of 3 years of work experience in the IT field.
· Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MS Windows 10, MS Windows server 2012, 2016, and 2019.
· Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Office 365.
· Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
· Extensive application support experience.
· Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Strong knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Good understanding of project management principles.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
**AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation***