streetfootballworld is a leader in the field of Football for Good and has set the objective of maximising the potential of football for social transformation. In collaboration with our partners, we tackle the greatest social challenges in the world today – from providing access to health and well-being to improving gender equality to creating youth employment opportunities. The United Nations defined success against these challenges as the Global Goals. streetfootballworld and the over 140 organisations in our network are working towards these goals and every year, we collectively empower two million disadvantaged young people.
To help us unleash the unique potential of Football for Good, we are looking for a
Junior Grants Manager – (f/m/d)
to join our team as of June 2021
· You support the development and documentation of multiple streams of grant-making, including the application, review, contracting, disbursement, documentation and reporting processes.
· You maintain and administer the grant-making database.
· You participate in the evaluation process of the organisations applying to the grant and their reports
· You develop, customize and maintain grant-making and communication templates in multiple languages (English, Spanish, French and Portuguese), coordinating translations as needed.
· You track applications, grants, reporting, and the reviews of reports.
· You support and coordinate the communication with applicants and the successful grantees.
· You support the expansion of the community of organisations and coordinate the evaluation of potential new member organisations.
· You have a degree in international development, business administration, politics or related fields; and a strong understanding of sport for development is an advantage.
· You have at least one year of professional experience in grant management, non-profit administration, and/or comparable projects, ideally in sport for development, social or international development.
· You are familiar with creating and maintaining databases, have experience with CRM, and have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, in particular Excel.
· You are fluent in English and Spanish. Advanced knowledge of French and/or Portuguese are a plus.
· You are located in Germany, ideally Berlin, or willing to relocate to Germany as of June 2021.
· You take initiative, are detail-oriented and enjoy multi-tasking.
· You actively listen, are open to others’ ideas and backgrounds, care for your teammates and value integrity
· You love to get things done and fully identify with our philosophy “it takes a team to win a game”.
· Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues, flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
· Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
· Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
· Make a full-time position your own with an initial 12-month contract at fair conditions with the possibility of extension.
· Last but not least, join a squad where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
Do you want to play an active part in social change on a global level? Then get into the game and join our team!
How to apply
How to apply
Kick things off by submitting your application documents (a letter of motivation and your CV) including your salary expectation and your earliest possible start date via our online application form by May 5, 2021. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people!