Project Overview and Role:
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
This is a senior Fixed Term position until June 2022 with possibility of extension. The Labour Mobility Manager will provide strategic and operational leadership to support the National Employment Centre (NEC), within the Ministry of Employment, Productivity and Industrial Relations, to ensure a quality supply of Fijian Workers in the PLS and SWP work-ready pools, coordinated and efficient recruitment activities to support employers and streamlined mobilisation and reintegration of workers. The position will be responsible for strategic stakeholder engagement to enhance the quality and quantity of workers available to employers, develop policies and processes and to increase overall labour mobility in Fiji.
It is essential you have extensive experience in mentoring and leading large teams to deliver high quality and timely results, under pressure.
It is expected you have experience coordinating, monitoring and reporting on annual planning activities, risks and budgets for a large team environment.
You must have a demonstrated ability to build productive and sustainable working partnerships with a variety of stakeholder (including partner government, civil society, and the private sector).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the NEC Director, NEC Manager, Labour Mobility Engagement Manager, and other core team members to ensure streamlined and efficient implementation of operational and strategic priorities of labour mobility programs.
- Mentor NEC team members as appropriate on labour mobility processes, policies, and systems to develop and strengthen capacity and capabilities.
- Drive initiatives by the NEC team to increase the supply of high quality PLS worker registrations
- Drive improvement to the review, design, and delivery of PLS processes that support worker recruitment, including capacity building assistance to participating government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Labour Mobility Engagement Managers, contribute to country planning and budgeting, utilising the analysis of capacity assessments.
- Identify innovative approaches to promote PLS/SWP opportunities for women, people with disabilities and those from remote communities, simultaneously monitoring issues of gender equality and social inclusion.
- Support worker reintegration initiatives by leveraging connections with other local and DFAT funded programs and in-country networks.
- Provide timely reports to management in relation to the labour mobility programs and human resource needs including performance assessments of subordinates.
- Travel locally and internationally, as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Economics, Human Resources, Public Administration, and International Affairs or equivalent (or with work experience).
- Senior leadership capabilities with demonstrable experience of developing a diverse team to deliver high quality and timely results.
- A working understanding of current issues in relation to circular labour mobility, including related policy and regulatory frameworks, and the ability to translate these to implementation.
- Experience in developing and implementing annual planning, budgets, and priority activities.
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables within tight timeframes.
How to apply
This position is open to nationals of Fiji. We encourage people with disabilities to apply. Salary is competitive and based on local civil services salary structure.
To apply for this job please visit the Palladium website at: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/11668?c=palladium
Previous applicants need not re-apply.