Language/Administrative Assistant (Albanian/Serbian) reports to the Head of Defence Office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To provide administrative assistance, program planning and logistical support to the staff of the Defence Office;
· To handle independently verbal and written enquires from internal and external parties;
· To ensure an efficient coordination between the various units of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and the Defence Office;
· To create and maintain the databases for the Defence Office, to draft and revise the internal documents and their templates;
· To maintain the filing system (both in hardcopy and electronic) and to prepare the records for archiving;
· To ensure that the internal policies are implemented consistently and coherently;
· To translate documents from and into Albanian or Serbian and English;
· To provide consecutive interpretation as needed;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· A level of secondary education attested by a diploma
· A minimum of one (1) year of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
Specification of Education and Experience
· Fluency in oral and written English;
· Excellent command of Albanian and Serbian;
· Excellent computer skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Very good organisational skills and ability to prioritise and manage a high workload on occasions;
· Tact, accuracy and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information;
· Ability to work with a minimum supervision;
· Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and produce accurate work under pressure;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and/or cultural backgrounds;
· Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity; ability to promote an inclusive working environment and integrate a gender perspective into tasks and responsibilities.
· Prior experience in a similar position in an international organisation or a hybrid court;
· Knowledge of the functioning of the EU and in particular CSDP missions;
· Good understanding of the political, cultural and security situation of the Balkans, in particular Kosovo.
How to apply
1. For candidates from the EU Member States:
The online Application Form, including its Addendum (Annex 3 to be filled in manually and uploaded), shall be submitted via one of the following links:**
1.1. For candidates seconded by their EU Member State:
1.2. For contracted candidates from the EU Member States:
2. For candidates from the Third Contributing States:
The Application Form (Annex 2), available on both the EEAS website and the website of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office, shall be sent to one of the following email addresses only:
2.1. For candidates seconded by their Third Contributing State: **
Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability (CPCC)
2.2. For contracted candidates from the Third Contributing States:
Only one Application Form per candidate will be accepted, the latest received within the deadline or the one submitted through the National Authorities being given a priority.