CIVICUS, the global civil society alliance, is looking for communications savvy self-starter to help support the networking and outreach activities of CIVICUS Alliance Secretary General’s office. Located in the Communications cluster, this role will work closely with teams coordinating CIVICUS’ external engagements – including advocacy, networks and media – to effectively harness and position the voice, presence and influence of the Secretary General in support of the aims and outcomes of the CIVICUS alliance.
CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will be extraordinarily inspired about pursuing opportunities for solidarity and collaboration with diverse stakeholders, possess excellent communication and networking skills and be able to inspire enthusiasm, trust and confidence through their interactions. This role requires a high degree of attention to collecting and compiling high-level, strategic content, while being able to develop and coordinate systems that allow the seamless activation of events, updates and interactions relevant to the Secretary-General’s (SG) representational roles. This includes:
- Help manage engagement opportunities, including responding to requests, scheduling and preparing for meetings and events, and supporting logistical and arrangements.
- Work closely with the communications team to identify and execute opportunities for media and public engagement, draft speaking notes and presentation, and coordinate and publish web, media and social media content related to the SG’s role and engagement
- Coordinate with relevant CIVICUS teams to track key advocacy, research and program developments across CIVICUS as the basis for the key messages and interventions
- Degree in Public Relations or Communications, or alternative education and experience in a related field
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a cross-cultural networking or communications role
- Good knowledge of social media tools and strategies
- Strong interpersonal and cross-culural skills: able to quickly establish credibility to develop and manage productive relationships with internal and external individuals and networks.
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to apply
How to Apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on 04 August 2021. Interested candidates should email their application to jobs@civicus**.**org
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted by 12 August 2021 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.