Livelihoods Manager (Tripoli/Libya)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Livelihoods Manager (Economic Recovery) to provide technical and operational leadership for projects within Economic Recovery sector including but not limited to Cash Based Interventions including conditional and unconditional mulipurpose cash grants, Financial Inclusion and Income Generating activities.
About the job
The selected individual will report to Area Manager and closely work with Livelihoods Coordinator as well as other respective departments for implementation of projects within Economic Recovery portfolio of DRC Libya. The Livelihoods Manager is expected to provide technical guidance and leadership in all the aspects of the management of the program, including project implementation, planning and supervision of activities, coordination with partners and stakeholders, management of staff and local partners, monitoring and reporting.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the economic recovery programme, in coordination with and as agreed technically with the Area Manager and the Livelihoods Coordinator;
· Plan and implement economic recovery activities, in a quality and timely manner, with the guidance of the Area Manager and Livelihoods Coordinator, including but not limited to: participatory market assessment; life and vocational skills trainings, business management trainings, design of business plans and provision of grants for small businesses or self-employment, ongoing business mentoring, linkages with relevant market actors including financial service providers, etc;
· Contribute to the development of concept notes, logical frameworks, and proposals as needed;
· Contribute to the production of quality and timely DRC and donor reporting on programme activities;
· Develop and strengthen relationships with potential local partners, stakeholders and communities in order to maintain trust in DRC’s professional standards and quality of work among all stakeholders;
· In coordination with the Area Manager, ensure the effective financial management of the differents projects budgets
· Manage Economic Recovery/Livelihoods staff and support respectful and positive working relationships for the effective implementation of activities. This is to be achieved through leadership, team building, day-to-day support and capacity-building.
· In coordination with the Livelihoods Coordinator, MEAL Manager and the Information Management Officer, develop information management systems that support the effective implementation of the Economic Recovery/Livelihoods activities.
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
· At least five years of management experience in Economic Recovery (livelihoods, financial inclusion) and Cash and Voucher Assistance programmes with an INGO.
· University Degree or higher education in the field of Business Administration, social sciences, Economics, political sciences, development or any other related field
· Solid experience in project management including project monitoring, reporting, data management and budgeting.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· High-level of computer literacy.
· Arabic is an asset.
· Programming experience in displacement contexts, including in protracted situations and fragile context is an asset/preferred
· Previous experience in integrating gender, protection and conflict sensitivity
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 4 months extendable subject to funding and perfomance
Band: Management – F
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied
Start date: October 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 17th August 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
How to apply
Please apply by uploading your CV and Cover letter through the link below:
Applications via e-mail will not be considered.