NRC in Iraq has an exciting opportunity for a Livelihoods expert to join their office in Basra, as Livelihoods Project Manager. As the most senior member of staff in the Basra Sub-Office, this is a prime opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a role that will utilise both their technical and overall management skills.
Duties and responsibilities
The Livelihoods Project Manager is responsible for implementing the Livelihoods programme portfolio for NRC’s Basra Office. Basra is a Sub-Office of the South Central Area Office; therefore this position being the most senior in Basra, will also have general oversight of all operations and programme activities.
- Management of programme staff in the Basra Office
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Livelihoods strategies
- Develop and manage project budget and coordinate across core competencies
- Ensure quality programming, monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate and manage Livelihoods project implementation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Provide overall coordination of beneficiary selection process, and ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection
- Represent NRC in external meetings as needed, primarily with Directorate of Agriculture (DoA), Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA), and any governorate level coordination mechanisms on Livelihoods
- Coordinate with the Logistics, Finance and Security departments to organize activities
- A full Job Description can be found on our website
Required Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum First Level University/Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Technical Livelihoods expertise in transition/early recovery context, including small business development training
- Experience with creative economy income-generation activities
- Versed in market assessment and analysis approaches
- Experience with business start-ups/entrepreneurial approaches
- Experience working with vulnerable groups; able to demonstrate conflict-sensitivity, compassion, discretion
- Experience with Community Engagement principles and approaches
- Commitment to an evidence- and needs-based approach
- Demonstrated results with conflict-sensitive and adaptive livelihoods activities
- Demonstrated experience managing large teams and providing capacity building support
- Demonstrated experience integrating livelihoods work with other sector programmes and into assessments
- Experience with Natural Resource Management approaches, highly desirable
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Resilient and able to live and work in a hardship duty station
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Arabic is highly desired
What we offer
- Duty station: Basra, Iraq
- Contract Duration: 6 months, with possible extension
- Travel: 50%
- Salary/benefits: Grade 8 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers an attractive compensation and benefits package
How to apply
Please click here to see a full Job Description and apply.