Position Start Date: 1 July 2021
Duration: 6 months
Location: Erbil – Iraq (none family posting)
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Based in Erbil, with frequent visits to field bases, and working under the direct responsibility of the Deputy Country Representative Support Service, you are responsible to set-up a structuring and supportive logistic framework for the delegation. While you ensure the logistics department in providing adequate support to program and others departments. You:
- Ensure the respect of Tdh and donor Logistics guidelines (management of purchase, stock, supply, equipment, vehicle) on the mission
- Manage and strengthen capacities of the logistics team
- Coordinate the logistics activities all over the mission by being in support and in close collaboration with the project staff and the support staff
- In collaboration with the Country Representative, ensure the respect of Tdh security guidelines on the mission
- Supervise and provide a logistical support to the different bases and projects run into the country
- Open/close down at logistical level any Tdh base in the country and ensure their regular maintenance
- Reporting on regular basis about all logistics activities within the mission to the Deputy Country Representative Support Service and the Country Representative
- Participate in developing guidelines/ SOPS
- Collect, monitor and analyze data in your field of expertise
- Participate in the development of new tools in your field of activity.
- Setup coordination routine system (meetings, reports, situation points, etc.) with relevant department and bases to ensure a smooth diffusion of relevant information at mission level
- Manage logistics support in collaboration with logisticians and advice and interact specifically with the Project team on regular basis
- Frequent movements the different bases for logistic support, training, audit
Project cycle management
- Participate actively in the proposal and the budgeting phase by providing accurate data (cost, HR set-up, premises…)
- Provide inputs and contextual elements that could potentially impact project feasibility (delivery deadline, local logistics constraints, access). Anticipate need/request of derogation.
- Participate to Exploratory and Evaluation mission in your field of expertise
Procurement and Supply chain management
- Ensure the respect of Tdh procurement procedure and donor requirement
- Define the supply strategy for the Delegation
- With a global overview of the project and all funding contracts, centralize the needs, identify the markets and prepare procurement plan accordingly (in collaboration with Project Managers)
- Ensure supply chain activities are carrying out in a cost-efficient way and respecting quality standard
- Performs permanent market assessment to maintain he good knowledge and understanding of local market (outsourcing new suppliers, price fluctuation, etc.)
- At delegation level, launch, supervise and follow-up on Call for Tender. Ensure that framework agreement for recurrent market and program requirement are in place. Ensure their periodic renewal
- Provide induction and training on procurement procedures to relevant staff
- Ensure validation and compliance of procurement files from bases and coordination
- Ensure the respect of Tdh stock management procedures and donor requirement
- Ensure that regular inventory (monthly, quarterly, yearly) are carrying out periodically in the delegation
- Determine stock strategy and potential emergency stock preparedness
- Guarantee the management and monitoring of the mission’s stock, according to the Tdh’s procedures and tools
- Ensure the respect of Tdh fleet management policy and procedure (and donor if required)
- Manage fleet and transportation need in a cost-efficient manner (staff goods delivery…)
- Dimension, optimize and rationalize the utilization fleet of the delegation in line with security constraints and protocols
- Supervise the general follow up of the mission vehicles
Assets/Equipments Management / IT
- Define the mission’s technical needs on each base and make sure that their funding is possible, especially when new projects are being planned
- Ensure a policy of equipment’s renewal is in place
- Authorize the use of equipment, create utilization procedures and trains personnel on how to use them
- Ensure the monitoring of equipment (state, location, proprietor/backer etc) through regular updates of monitoring tools (property list) and the keeping of physical inventories and supervise the installation
- Ensure that IT infrastructure are maintained as per Tdh standard
- Support the Country Representative in the implementation of the delegation’s safety and security protocols, in collaboration with the other safety stakeholders concerned
- Ensure that all logistic means are available to guarantee the respect of security protocol
- Ensure the integrity and safety of Tdh premises and assets
- Organize and rationalize logistic department and teams to meet project requirement
- Train and supervise the national logistics team
- Ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation by your related staff
- Support and advise your team in the implementation of their action plan
- Propose relevant needed adaptation to the organisational chart of the mission and contribute to its implementation (job descriptions, etc.), in collaboration with the Deputy Country Representative Support Service and the HR coordinator
- Support staff in their duty
- Centralize all logistics information available on the mission and consolidate a monthly report (into the proper reporting form) to be delivered to SMT & the Logistic HQ.
- Participate to the monthly situation report (SITREP) by providing relevant data related to your position
- Provide regular reporting on your activities to the Deputy Country Representative Support Service upon your solicitation
- Participate in donor reporting in your field of expertise
- Education: Professional diploma or university degree in Logistic field (supply, IT, mechanic)
- Language: Fluent in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Experiences and aptitudes: as least 3 to 5 years in a similar position with NGOs
- Previous experience in humanitarian setting mandatory
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet);
- Knowledge of the Iraqi/Syrian context would be a distinct advantage
- Organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 3 400 CHF (~2 950 €) < > 4 750 CHF (~4 100 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JckWaOoB?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418