The Logistics Coordinator will be in charge of guaranteeing the logistics performance of the Mission and coordinating its implementation to provide the best support to the programs in line with the strategy defined for the Mauritania Mission. Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, he / she will ensure:
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring and reporting of all logistics activities of the mission in order to provide the best service / support to Action Against Hunger operations;
- Ensure Coordination between the Logistics department and other departments;
- Ensure the technological watch to support and promote the digitization of the mission;
- Ensure the security watch by communicating the relevant information to the hierarchy and by updating the documents of supervision of the security aspects;
- Promote a culture of safety throughout the mission.
Objective 1: Improve the rationalization of logistics resources
Objective 2: Strengthen the empowerment of logistics teams in the capital and on bases – especially the line (N-1) of the Coordo Log
Objective 3: Develop digitization and innovation
Objective 4 : Contribute to the definition of the 2020 2025 strategy of the mission
Objective 5: Coordinate all the logistics activities of the mission
Objective 6: Ensure the Management of the Logistics Human Resources of the mission
Objective 7: Ensure the Safety Management (under validation by the Country Director)
Objective 8: Reporting and Analysis
Objective 9: Representation
- Bac + 3 in Logistics and Transport or correspondence with at least 10 years of experience in similar positions ** Specific technical knowledge and skills. **
- Ability to work independently and make important decisions;
- Ability to plan and organize his team;
- Knowledge of logistics techniques in humanitarian settings (supply, management of parks, structures, equipment and stocks, maintenance and upkeep);
- Knowledge of security management;
- In-depth computer knowledge, particularly on networking and participatory tools;
- Taking initiative and sense of responsibility;
- Critical mind, who knows how to challenge and also open to criticism;
- Ability to prioritize;
- Knowledge of Action Against Hunger procedures is an asset (KITLOG);
- Knowledge of donor rules would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of coordination experience in logistics and security in the development or humanitarian sector.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the development and humanitarian sector with international organizations.
- Previous experience with Action Contre la Faim would be an asset.
- Languages: Fluent French – English and Spanish will be assets.
Information system :
- Advanced mastery of the Pack Office essential;
- In-depth knowledge of networking and participatory tools will be highly appreciated;
- General knowledge of information systems and telecommunications is a plus.
- Mobility (national / international). Paste Based in the capital (Nouakchott) with frequent trips to the bases. Travel to the bases every 2 months and possibility of training at national and international level.
Our Remuneration Package
We offer immediate incorporation into a dynamic international organization including the following contractual conditions:
- Expat employment contract
- Duration: 12 months renewable
- Logistics Department
- Base: Nouakchott
- Salary between € 29,160 and € 35,760 gross per year depending on professional experience and responsibilities. Salary is divided into 12 payments and based on experience and background. This salary includes a base salary + context plus + living expenses and perdiem (In local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange)
- Supported status (Family)
- Accommodation paid for by the organization
- Transportation costs to the mission
- Week-long breaks with transport costs to the reference area and an extra of 215 € for the week.
- 25 working days of vacation per year.
- Repatriation, accident and travel and life insurance.
How to apply
We will only consider applications received through our online application system. Please go to the following link to access it:
Note.- Given the urgency to cover this post, the selection process may be closed before the scheduled date. If the ad no longer appears on the site, this will mean that the selection process is closed.