Job Title: Logistics Co-ordinator, Surge Team
Reports to: Head of Supply and Logistics Unit overall and when in between deployments and the Systems Director or Country Director when on deployment
Direct reports: Relevant logistics staff in-country
Job location: Members of Concern’s Surge Team will be deployed to various Concern country programmes for varying time periods ranging from four weeks up to six months. If not deployed and when not on leave, team members will work from home.
Pay Band: HQ Grade 5 (€49,167 – €57,843)
- 2 year full-time fixed term contract
- Unaccompanied position
- 8 weeks annual leave increasing to 10 weeks after completion of first year and R+R where applicable
- 3 weeks when the employee will work from home
All Surge team members must be available to deploy overseas within 24 hours of being requested to deploy
To respond quickly and flexibly to new and existing emergencies and provide on the ground logistics support to emergency operations
To fill appropriate gaps in non-emergency programmes and existing chronic emergencies. This may require deployments in a specialist advisory as well as managerial capacity
- Management of country logistics and related administration function
- Ensure proper supply chain management practices and procedures are in place and maintained according to Concern standards – to include sourcing and procurement, warehousing, transportation and commodity distribution
- Ensure country logistics systems are configured to provide optimum support to country programmes
- Management responsibility for country transport fleet, ensuring management and operational practices adhere to Concern standard procedures
- Ensure that adequate anti-fraud procedures are in place and that abuse of Concern’s logistics systems does not take occur
- Responsible for training and capacity building of logistics and related staff
- Responsible for ensuring donor procurement procedures and other donor guidelines as they relate to logistics activities are strictly adhered to
Skills and Experience Required:
- Third level degree
- Three years relevant humanitarian logistics/systems and management experience in emergency and/or development context.
- Distribution / warehouse management experience
- Transport management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including being able to work effectively in English and French – written and spoken
- Cash Transfer Programming experience
- Knowledge of HF/VHF radio systems
- Procurement and import/export experience
- Previous experience in project and/or camp management in emergency programmes
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Good organisational, planning and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Knowledge of Concern systems and procedures
- Third level qualification with logistics or supply chain management qualification
- Experience of working in insecure contexts
How to apply
To apply: CVs should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. Please note due to the urgency of this position we may offer it before the closing date. We encourage you therefore to apply early.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Concern is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all section of the community.