Fixed-term contract (6 months) – Starting date: July, 12th 2021
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Ukraine
Our mission in Ukraine has been open since 2015. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, and wash projects. Furthermore, PUI works to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. Today, the mission is implementing 3 projects.
What about the Logistics Coordinator ?
As Logistics Coordinator you will be responsible for the implementation of a logistics framework tailored and organised around an efficient supply chain, a properly sized logistics support at the mission level. You will also be commited in the management, respect, compliance and efficient implementation of all related policies, rules, procedures and good practices at bases and coordination levels.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Supply Chain: You will coordinate and implement the national supply chain strategy for the mission. You will ensure that the administrative and operational components of the supply chain are in place and functional. You will guarantee that PUI’s related procedures, policies and tools linked with purchases, transport and storages are in place and are respected. You will make sure that relevant links are woven with HQ so as to avoid delays, loss, gaps in the HQ – field supply chain.
- Support logistics management: You will ensure that all teams have the means, resources and tools they need to carry out their activities. You will actively contribute to the dimensioning of the mission in terms of materials, equipment, services allowing a well functioning of the bases.
- Security: You will have to ensure that the necessary means and frameworks are available to implement security rules related to communications, movements and facility management.
- Team management: You will be responsible for the tailoring of the Logistic department, and validation of job description. You will be responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff in accordance with related HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and performance management.
- Strategy: You will take proactive approach and monitor on the mission logistics strategy including supply chain, support and logistics operations together with HQ and the Coordination team.
- Coordination: You will consolidate and share logistics related information, data at Coordination, bases and HQ levels.
- Representation: You will represent the organization in forums, amongst partners, authorities and different local actors involved in the logistics fields.
The challenges that await you :
1/ The mission has a new set-up as a new organigram was just created 2/ A new logistics manager has just been hired 3/Rehabilitation work contracts need particular attention
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s or Master‘s degree in logistics (purchases, transport, etc.)
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 2 years of Logistics Experience in Humanitarian Sector, you also have a general management experience. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You demonstrate strong management, organizational, report drafting and ICT skills. You have a high level of knowledge of procurement and supply chain in Humanitarian Context. Experience in Medical Supply Chain and customs/importation will be appreciated.
- Qualities: You demonstrate ability to take the initiative and take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are a good negotiator and communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership, sense of analysis, good organization, ability to adapt and to delegate. You have a strong capacity to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak russian, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Ukraine mission is a small but full of challenges mission. The Country offers a unique humanitarian setting enabling the mission to implement and develop humanitarian activities. Great team, great food and great winters ! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our Career Site.