Location: Bauchi, Nigeria**
Start date: August 2021
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
The Logistics Officer will provide support to the Operations Manager to ensure efficient management of the logistical aspects of the project. S/he will assist with providing logistic support and overseeing the logistic processes in support of the objectives of the organization. Safely and efficiently perform assigned processes to meet the required daily logistics activities.
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the day-to-day logistical aspects of the project in support of the objectives of the organization.
- The role will be responsible for the planning, oversight, and management and coordination of logistics support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of projects.
- Assist in management of office generators maintenance and ensure diesel tracking logs are maintained in a timely manner.
- Assist in the pre-qualification of vendors, procurement of goods and services, ensuring competitive vendor source selection, purchase orders, and blanket purchase agreements, and ensuring timely delivery of purchased items in accordance with DAI and USAID policies and procedures.
- Sorting of quotes received for each state from the procurement email and distribute to respective states in a timely manner.
- Ensure procurement files are properly documented and closed upon completion of an activity.
- Assist with monthly processing of airtime and data for the effective communication of staff.
- Coordinate all travel requests on TAMIS Classic for logistical support to staff, including arranging accommodation, car hire services, and processing of per diem and participants’ payments.
- Assist with managing of Blanket Purchase Agreements with travel agents, flight bookings and reconciliation of tickets purchased for staff and tracking of expiration dates of BPAs.
- Perform other operations related duties as assigned.
- Any other duties in support of the activity as required by their supervisor.
The Logistics Officer will report to the Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in program operations, including procurement of goods and equipment, record management and logistics required.
- Experience implementing operational policies and procedures (e.g. procurement, blanket purchase agreements, logistics etc.) required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of organizations, beneficiaries, and related parties.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
How to apply
Please email all CVs to NigeriaGovernance@dai.com before the close of work on Monday, 12th July 2021
IMPORTANT: List the title as the subject of the email (i.e., “ Logistics Officer” when applying.
DAI will only contact shortlisted candidates.