Job Description – Manager II, Knowledge Management for Excellence (KM4X)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to*save, protect, and transform* lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Manager II, KM4X is responsible for the ownership of the suite of products (Microsoft 365, Zoom, Mentimeter) used by CRS for knowledge and collaboration, including maximizing employee awareness, adoption, and satisfaction. The Manager II, KM4X fosters strong technical relationships with vendors and represents the product/serv ice during design, development, testing, release, updates and ongoing lifecycle management. The Manager II, KM4X also ensures alignment of the product with vendor and internal roadmaps, as well as project, change management and enterprise architecture processes.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and guidance for the management of our knowledge and collaboration services
- Work with the KM4X business lead to define the product strategy and roadmap, including alignment to vendor support and product roadmaps, as well as to emerging employee use cases.
- Consistently determine how to maximize business value from our suite of knowledge and collaboration services.
- Closely monitor vendor’s roadmap, release notes and feature sets.
- Support the analysis of business processes and functional requirements of the product.
- Work closely with digital workplace teammates to identify the most impactful changes to implement and support.
- Manage product dependencies and identify opportunities to streamline processes
- Monitor, manage and report on usage and impact of the product within the digital workplace.
- Project management of key, complex KM4X projects, and guidance/oversight to team members to manage less complicated projects.
- Operational guidance to staff supporting KM4X services, including, but not limited to, email, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Apps.
- Technical escalation capabilities for KM4X services, mainly in our Microsoft 365 suite.
- Ensure that plans are in place for monitoring production systems to identify and address performance issues and risks.
- Ensure the proper management of operations, maintenance, and support services of CRS systems.
- Ensure proper management of contracts with technology companies that provide operations, maintenance, and support services to CRS.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the management of the Microsoft Power Platform
- Work with Director, Enterprise Services and Director, Digital Workplace Services to develop a strategy for low code/no code citizen development using the Power Platform.
- Manages a team of individuals, sets direction and deploys resources.
- Recommends departmental-specific procedures and implements those that are approved.
- Provides input to the development of the annual operating budget for functional areas of responsibility.
- Proactively identifies and recommends the need for new or enhanced procedures.
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years managing enterprise IT services, products or projects.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience creating technology roadmaps and considering business requirements
- Experience driving technology adoption and reporting on workplace technology adoption
- Digital workplace tool management expertise: management tools, techniques, monitoring and integration
- Experience with configuration management, identity and access management, active directory, desktop virtualization, collaboration platforms and other cloud-based services
- Experience with a continuous engineering or other agile methods to keep pace with frequent changes and to reduce complexity
- Experience using automation to drive continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of how machine learning (ML) can enhance automation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of: (1) Catholic Church organizational structures and (2) Catholic Social Teaching.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Currently has three direct reports distributed globally across the agency.
- 1 Administrator II focused on administering SharePoint and developing/supporting the Power Platform
- 1 Analyst I focused on general administration of our Microsoft 365 environment
- 1 Senior Advisor focused on business analysis and staff capacity strengthening
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of six-eight years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of three years of management experience.
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clea r a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm. *EOE/M/F/D/V –* CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.