The Manager, Outreach and Advocacy, will work to plan and implement new activities for the Immunization Advocates program and Vaccine Acceptance & Demand (VAD) initiative to engage and support health workforce advocacy champions in influencing global and community policymakers and influencers on improving vaccine uptake and equity in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The Manager will also support the VAD initiative’s work to disseminate practical knowledge and strengthen capacity of journalists, health workers and policy influencers to inform communities about and/or advocate for vaccines and immunization, including through social and behavioral solutions.
The incumbent will have experience in coordinating and/or managing global advocacy or engagement campaigns, Spanish proficiency and some experience working with health or development stakeholders in Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Under the direction of the Director, Immunization Advocates, lead management of partnership activities to engage health workers in LMICs and international health workforce associations to advocate and communicate about vaccine acceptance and COVID-19 vaccine equity. Activities include developing storytelling and advocacy skillsets of health workers and engaging health workers, workforce associations and journalists in global health policy forums
- In collaboration with Director, seek and create opportunities for stories of health workers delivering vaccines in LMICs to influence decision making of global health and immunization policymakers
- Work with team members and external partners to design and implement events, including identifying event themes/topics and format, speaker selection and coaching, preparing talking points and promotional event content, and conducting follow-up engagement with speakers and participants
- Create and review content related to vaccine acceptance and demand outreach and advocacy activities, including blogs, podcasts, briefs, videos and talking points
- Advise and assist in adapting and implementing Sabin’s vaccine acceptance and demand strategy and workplan
- Work collaboratively to integrate programming across Vaccine Acceptance & Demand work streams and with broader Sabin programs, including the Boost program
- Represent Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance & Demand initiative at external meetings and events, including global health advocacy roundtables and working groups
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree a plus
- 7+ years’ experience in global health advocacy, outreach or campaigns; experience with vaccines and immunization a plus
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish; other language proficiency a plus
- Proven experience working with programs or campaigns that included Latin America and the Caribbean
- Proven experience managing or coordinating project or campaign workplans and/or budgets with multiple partners, donors or sub-grants
- Experience developing and implementing online events
- Strong communications skills, including experience authoring content for different audiences and public speaking
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals across public health, including technical and political leaders, frontline health workers, journalists, partners and vendors
- Experience with WordPress websites and writing for social media a plus
- Capacity for people management and financial/budget support
- Demonstrated interest in furthering Sabin’s mission
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel with notice when COVID-19 restrictions allow
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and the Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
How to apply
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference “Manager, Outreach and Advocacy” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package: https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws