Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. (OSC) seeks well-qualified applicants for an M&E Specialist
position for a strengthening watershed and irrigation management project in Afghanistan.
The M&E Specialist will be responsible for conducting field interviews, focus group discussions, and surveys, assisting in data cleaning and preliminary data analysis, draft report writing, and the development of the survey questionnaires.
This person must demonstrate professional excellence in their technical areas of expertise, excellent writing ability, fluency in English, effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff. They must have experience in relevant technical, management, administrative, and capacity-building experience in developing countries.
● At least 5 years of M&E experience and implementing USAID development projects.
● At least a Bachelor’s degree in international development, economics, political science, monitoring, and evaluation, or related field.
● Afghan national with good communication, reading comprehension and writing ability in English, Pashto, and Dari.
● Demonstrated expertise and experience in social science research, including mixed methods and notably quantitative and qualitative primary data collection methods
● Demonstrated experience conducting focus groups and structured interviews
● Have a good knowledge of data collection software (such as Kobo, SMAP) and statistical packages (such as SPSS)
● Have excellent research and report writing skills
● Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and work within timelines
● Familiarity with USAID policies relating to evaluation and performance management
● Experience conducting watershed and irrigation evaluations in specified target countries
How to apply
For consideration, please email resume/CV and cover letter via email (email@example.com) using the subject line: M&E Specialist. OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.