The vision of Norwegian People’s Aid is Solidarity in Action. We are a politically independent membership-based organisation working in Norway and in more than 30 countries around the world. Founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation, NPA aims to improve people’s living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic. NPA’s international work covers three core areas: Mine Action and Disarmament, Democratisation and Just distribution of power and resources and Humanitarian Action and Crises response.
The Development and Humanitarian Cooperation-department of Norwegian People’s Aid supports local organisations across the world, in their efforts to create societies where power and resources are distributed more fairly. NPA works with local partner organisations in humanitarian response, and uses its own operational capacity as a leading mine action operator to provide protection against explosive weapons. Where there are few viable local alternatives for urgent response, we also provide direct humanitarian assistance
NPAs commits to strive for a world free from discrimination based on gender, and where every human being can fulfil their potential unhindered by discriminating laws, economic and social structures. NPA firmly believes that gender equality needs to be at the core of our work
NPA has approved a new strategy for 2020-2023 which emphasises the priority to strengthen and expand the organisation’s work on monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. In order to take this work forward we are looking for an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning advisor with strong technical skills and proven record of supporting programme quality and learning.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Programme development section in the Department for Development and Humanitarian Cooperation in Oslo and work closely with country programmes as well as other technical and geographical advisors to support new and ongoing programmes.
- Lead on analysis and presentation of results and data gathered in NPA’s international development and humanitarian work
- Monitor quality of MEAL systems in NPA including collection, storage and appropriate use of data to track project and programme performance
- Lead and coordinate further development of MEAL systems, tools and processes to ensure result related learning and compliance .
- Develop and update a result database system for NPA in order to strengthen data management and analysis in NP
- Provide quality technical support and guidance to NPA offices, staff with a particular focus on the design, implementation and review of MEAL activities to strengthen quality results and shared learning in offices.
- Support Country Offices and Oslo on the MEAL components within proposal development processes
- Support on development, reporting and revision of plans for global framework agreements
- Ensure that project activities are designed to promote feedback and response mechanisms and include systems to effectively manage complaints.
- Manage the MEAL components of NPA’s programme handbook
- Support Head Office and country programmes with assessment/evaluation planning, and systematic learning from evaluations.
- Contribute to capacity building, training and coaching of staff in the areas of MEAL including the development of indicators, digital data collection, analysis and interpretation of data for use by decision makers
- Coordinate the MEAL working group within NPA.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Education to Masters level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience from development/humanitarian work
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of partner and community participation and accountability
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations, and qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Proven experience of working with local civil society partners
- Ability to take charge of self-development and take initiative as well as working as a part of a team and in partnership with other stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English
- Very good skills in the use of data analysis and/or information management tools
- Ability to travel up to 30%
We return we offer:
A permanent and exciting position where you can contribute to the development of NPA’s MEAL work globally in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will be covered by a comprehensive and good pension and insurance scheme. We also offer 5 weeks of annual holiday and flexible working hours, plus reduced working hours between May 15th-September 15th.
The position is based centrally in Oslo, and we offer relocation assistance with regards to working visa.
Salary step 35-50: 423.522 – 566.034 NOK depending on your education and relevant experience.
Start-date as soon as possible.
NPA strives for diversity and gender equality, and encourage candidates of all nationalities, backgrounds and gender to apply.
We aim for an inclusive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported. In addition, we are continuously working towards reducing our environmental impact in all our interventions.
Before you apply:
We kindly ask you to carefully read NPA’s Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Anti-Corruption Policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position you will be asked to complete and sign a Safeguarding self-declaration as well as our Code of Conduct.
For more information about NPA, please see our website at https://www.npaid.org/Our-Work/Development-Cooperation or visit us on Facebook or Twitter.
Head of Department
How to apply
Please apply online as instructed on our website https://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I017/1093/job?site=7&lang=UK&validator=757ce35e0ef02fd033406efb9aacbbb7&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npaid.org%2F&ihelper=https%3A%2F%2Fnpaid.org%2Fvacancies&job_id=376. Due to capacity reasons we are only able to process applications sent through our recruitment portal.