Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-denominational and non-profit organization, created in 1979 to intervene around the world. Its vocation is to fight against hunger, misery and dangerous situations that threaten defenseless men, women and children. Currently, 500 aid workers and 5,000 local workers work in the International Action Against Hunger Network in more than forty countries around four areas of intervention: nutrition, health, food security, and water and sanitation.
It is to accompany and strengthen the capacities of the local MEAL OFFICER in the use of evidence through data and reports to support technical and operational decision-making, and facilitate internal and external coordination.
As an independent department but coordinated with the technical team, it is supported during the project cycle in identifying and assessing needs, and during execution in monitoring activities, ensuring proper accountability to beneficiaries and donors.
Through efficient information management and humanitarian analysis of the programs and the country context, reports and products are produced with data, graphs, maps and other visuals that support technical and technical decision-making with evidence, analysis, and scenarios. operational.
With the reports and information repository systems, the knowledge and learning capacities of the organization are increased. Disseminating the products impacts the external stakeholders of interest.
Continue the implementation, development, and strategy of the Information Management and Monitoring System of operations in Venezuela, support the growth of the local MEAL team and support the coordination of the area at a regional level including Colombia, Peru, Central America, and Venezuela.
OBJECTIVES AND SPECIFIC TASKS OF THE POSITION.
- Accompany the local MEAL Officer in their professional growth and strengthen their technical and team management capacities and strengthen the capacities of the MEAL departments of the local counterparts
- Define an internal training plan with specific quarterly objectives and implement it
- Define an external training plan with specific quarterly objectives and implement it
- Implement the monitoring and information strategy in Venezuela, contributing to the country strategy and the formulation (or reformulation) of proposals, ensuring the implementation of the minimum MEAL standards, in close relationship with the ACH team and the counterparts.
- Continue developing monitoring and information systems and project management in Venezuela by creating systems and tools, training local partners, and increasing human resources and local organizations.
- Develop monitoring plans, follow-up of indicators, and count of beneficiaries of projects in Venezuela in close collaboration with local partners and the ACH team. contributing to donor reports.
- Support field teams in the collection of quality data systems that feed the SMIR.
- Develop, in coordination with the technical team, the methodology, plan, tools, follow-up, and analysis of the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and carry out field visits for their supervision.
- Analyze the information collected, and develop different products for communication, with different target audiences (internal and external).
- Support and / or lead the preparation of technical studies, exploratory missions, positioning documents. DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT WITH YOU?
- Essential University training, desirable Master’s degree, in areas of social sciences, statistics, international relations related to humanitarian action or development.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
- Specific technical knowledge, Strong analytical and writing skills, Experience in teamwork to produce briefing notes, donor and status reports, and graphics and visual products, Experience in project cycle management, research, data collection and management, and knowledge of quantitative / qualitative analysis of activities, programs, and humanitarian context.
- Minimum experience of 3 years international NGO, in project management and monitoring.
- Experience in managing project monitoring systems and information systems management.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian and international cooperation system.
- Knowledge of MEAL and information systems.
- General knowledge of the organization
- Previous experience in the ACH network: desirable
- Windows domain, essential advanced handling of Word, Excel, and Power Point, E-mail; Internet management for research activities.
- Handling tools like Kobo and PowerBI; ArcGIS or similar desirable.
- Management of communication tools (Adobe Powerpoint, InDesign and Illustrator
OUR REMUNERATION PACKAGE
- 12 month contract.
- Based in Caracas
- Salary between € 24,600 to € 29,520 gross per year depending on professional experience and responsibilities and context.
This amount is divided into 12 payments and includes a base salary, context bonus, frais de vie and per diem.
- Accommodation in guest house.
- Transportation to the mission.
- One week breaks with transport costs to the reference area and an additional € 215 per week depending on the frequency determined by the mission.
- 25 business days of vacation per year.
- Repatriation, accident and travel insurance and life insurance ..
How to apply
Only applications received through our online service will be considered.
Please click on the following link to access the service: https://hris.acf-e.org/employ/index.php/positions/view/4735/Meal-Manager/
Note.- Given the urgency in this position, the vacancy may be closed before the scheduled date. For more information about this position, see our website www.accioncontraelhambre.org if it is not found published here, it is understood that the selection process has been closed